Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You gave me something I could hold onto

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:08 pm

Mike tried to keep his voice down. "Please honey, it's over now. Shh." He hoped she'd be the only one upset, since taking care of one crying baby was more than enough.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Species : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:10 pm

William's eyes soon fluttered open at the sound of his daughter crying. Making a small groan, he slowly stood up, and waddled over to Mike to look at their children, obviously drowsy.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:12 pm

"She's okay," Mike quickly told his boyfriend. "You should sit down. I'm taking care of everything." He resisted the urge to glare at his child.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:14 pm

William shook his head, smiling softly through his tired eyes as he reached for Sarah-Gabrielle.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Mike watched him carefully. William seemed like he could collapse or fall asleep and any moment, yet he had found enough strength to move and help. He loves them so much. "For your information, your baby's alright."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:19 pm

William smiled at Mike, nodding his head as he looked down at the crying baby. "Shh, it'll be alright," he whispered, resting her tiny head on the front of his chest as he rubbed her head.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:25 pm

It felt slightly strange for Mike to see the man he had protected for so long being the one to protect others. It wasn't especially surprising, just...different. "He gave me syringes in case it happened again. He said it was stress."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:28 pm

William frowned slightly, still gently running a hand over his daughter's small head. He looked up at Mike. "I'm sorry," he said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:34 pm

"M'not the one complaining," Mike corrected. "You're the one getting all the pain. We should just...avoid certain topics, I guess."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:35 pm

William carefully leaned over and kissed Mike's cheek, his daughter still crying pitifully in his arms. William tried making soothing sounds while one hand rubbed her back and the other held her head and supported her neck.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:48 pm

William's kiss giving him confidence, Mike lowered his head so his face would be inches from the little girl's. "Sweetie, Mommy is not feeling well. Please don't cry like that."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:51 pm

The tiny baby only cried slightly harder, her small frame shaking in William's arms. He lifted her up further and pressed his lips gently against the girl's head, keeping them there.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:54 pm

Mike pouted. "Not fair. Am I scaring her?" He looked at his sons, who both seemed calm. "What's wrong?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:00 pm

"I don't know," William whispered sadly. His eyes widened slightly as she began coughing.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:03 pm

"Cooties?" Mike offered, scared to tell William where he had left the babies during all that time. He shifted from one feet to the other nervously, his sons still resting on his belly and chest.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:06 pm

William frowned when Sarah-Gabrielle sneezed after coughing a few times. Carefully, he leaned down and placed his lips on her forehead, feeling her temperature. He frowned. "Does she feel warm to you?" he asked Mike, concerned.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:11 pm

Mike touched her forehead. "A little. I'm not too sure what's the right temperature for a baby's forehead, but she might have a fever..." He chewed on his bottom lip. "Great, just when the doctor leaves."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:13 pm

William frowned and started waddling towards the door, hoping to find the doctor. He walked up the road looking for the doctor and shouted once he saw the man. The doctor immediately turned around and came back towards the house.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:15 pm

Mike felt even more nervous, thinking that maybe the doctor would find out what he had done. What would William say? Instead of hiding, however, he stayed close to his boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:16 pm

As the doctor approached William, he immediately put his hand to the baby's head, somehow knowing why she was crying. He thought for a moment before frowning. "I think she might have a cold," he said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:19 pm

Mike faked an utterly confused expression, mixed with concern he did have. "Does she need medication? What do they have for babies?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:21 pm

"If the coughing and sneezing gets worse, then you should call me back. But for right now, bundle them all up in blankets, keep them warm, and feed all three well." William nodded, listening as his daughter continued to cry.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:27 pm

Mike nodded, hoping it would simply cure itself. He touched his daughter's nose, cold compared to her forehead and cheeks. "Should have been careful."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:33 pm

William nodded at the doctor as the man left again. William waddled as quickly as he could to get Sarah-Gabrielle back into the house, making sure that Mike followed.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Mike indeed followed, peeking over William's shoulder to look at their child. Calm down, Bill. If you start getting stressed I won't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto   You gave me something I could hold onto - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You gave me something I could hold onto
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next