Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You gave me something I could hold onto.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-05

You gave me something I could hold onto. Empty
PostSubject: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:38 am

William solemnly walked into the house, making sure that Mike was following him with all three children.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Species : Avian

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:41 am

Mike indeed followed, carefully looking at his children. "What did he do to them?" he whispered.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:43 am

William walked into the house and shut the door, still silent. He led Mike up the stairs quietly, walking into the bedroom and shutting the door behind him. He looked back at the guitarist finally, saddened by the bruises on his children's skin.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:46 am

"I'm sorry. I should have fought while we were at the Meagan. I didn't think he'd have the guts to hurt them. I was scared he'd touch you if I tried anything..." He looked at his children again.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:49 am

William carefully took Sarah-Gabrielle from Mike to examine her closely. "It didn't matter if he hurt me. I'm used to it, I woulc have been fine," he whispered. He moved the tiny girl in his arm and his eyes widened when he realized that she had a black eye forming.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:25 am

Mike frowned, not understanding how William could so easily give in every time. "No one has the right to hurt you, nor them. I don't want to choose who to protect. I'll be there for you and our children."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:27 am

"But when you have the choice, all I'm asking is that you protect them first," he whispered. eyes pleading to Mike. He resumed checking his daughter when his eyes caught something else. He bit hsi lip when he noticed the rather large cut on her tiny wrist.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:30 am

"Okay," Mike replied, although he'd make sure he wouldn't have to choose ever again. "What's wrong? Is she alright?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:32 am

William didn't know what to say. He moved closer to the guitarist and showed him the dark bruise forming around her eye and the long cut on her wrist. The baby whimpered and snuggled into William for warmth.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:34 am

Mike looked at the child sadly. "I won't let him get away with this. I just can't." He wasn't sure whether or not to study Christopher.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:36 am

William walked over to their bed and carefully set Sarah-Gabrielle down, making sure that she had a blanket around her. He walked back over and took Christopher from Mike. His eyes grew wide with anger.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:37 am

"What?" Mike sat on the bed, staring at William. "What?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:40 am

William carefully turned the smallest child around in his arms to show Mike the various cuts and the trail of bruises from the boy's cheek, all the way down his torso. There were several small cuts on the boy's wings as well.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:42 am

Mike frowned. "That's it, they're going to pay for it, now. Mass vampire genocide, and I mark my words." He clenched his fists.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:44 am

William walked over to the bed and sat down next to Sarah-Gabrielle and Mike. He looked down at Christopher in his arm. The tiny baby whimpered a few, looking as if he were too afraid to cry.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:46 am

Mike leaned closer to William, disgusted by the vampires' work. "What have they done to them?" He felt helpless.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:49 am

William let a few tears fall as he looked over at his children. He picked up Sarah-Gabrielle and held the two of them close, listening as they both began to cry softly into his shirt. He looked over at Mike and bit his lip.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:54 am

Mike kissed William's shoulder. "It was my fault. I should have been there when you needed me." He held Joshua close to him so he wouldn't feel left out. The baby tried to reach for Christopher's wings and whimpered.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 10:56 am

William moved closer to Mike and Joshua, trying to keep their family together. "This is all my fault," he whispered.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:00 am

"It's not. You were right. I wasn't paying enough attention to them, nor to you." He shook his head. "This is all going to change."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:01 am

"Do you mean it?" William whispered, unsure whether or not he could trust Mike again.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:06 am

"Yes," Mike said, looking into William's eyes. "I won't risk your life or theirs. I promise. You've given everything to me and I've been selfish."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 am

William snuggled into Mike's side, eyes staring down at his whimpering children. Christopher continued to mumble "Da".
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:12 am

Mike gently touched the boy's head. "Daddy's here. I'm not leaving anytime soon."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:14 am

William watched as Christopher and Sarah-Gabrielle continued to cry. Joshua whimpered, clinging to Mike's shirt with wide, confused eyes. His head lolled off to the side since he couldn't lift it properly yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You gave me something I could hold onto.
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next