Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You gave me something I could hold onto.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:24 am

Mike helped Joshua's head up and supported his back with his other hand. He worried about permanent consequences of the vampires' actions.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Species : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:49 am

William watched as Mike helped Joshua. He then moved the other two children around on his one arm to keep them safe. They held onto him, still crying timidly.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:56 am

"It's unfair," Mike whispered sadly. "They're only children..."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 11:58 am

William nodded. "But that's what Ryland does. He makes sure that you won't show emotion," he whispered, leaning down to kiss his children's heads. "Shh, mommy and daddy have you now."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:06 pm

Joshua looked at his siblings with wide eyes, not understanding. He whimpered again. "They're young. If we're lucky it won't affect them later on..."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:08 pm

William looked down at his children again. "I hope so," he whispered. He carefully moved the two of them up to his shoulders like he had previously, making sure not to balance them on his broken arm.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:10 pm

Mike noted the arm William refrained from using. He carefully touched it. "I'm sorry for earlier. Your arm... Does it still hurt a lot?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:12 pm

William shrugged very gently, considering that his children were resting on his shoulders as they cried. "It's like not having one, actually."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:15 pm

"Too bad Christopher's not a healer," Mike commented. "He'd have shown it by then."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:22 pm

William simply shrugged again. "At least we know what Joshua's is."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:24 pm

"Do you think Sarah-Gabrielle has one, too?" He looked at the crying child with eyes full of sorrow and regret.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:26 pm

William bit his lip. "She might, but I'm not sure," he whispered, moving the little girl in front of himself as she finally built enough courage to cry a little louder.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:29 pm

Mike moved his hand to pet the girl's head. She closed her eyes and brought her head down, almost curling up on herself protectively so Mike couldn't reach her.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:30 pm

William watched the small girl with sad eyes. "Shh, it's just daddy," he told her.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:32 pm

The child seemed to relax a bit, but tensed up the second Mike touched her back, as gentle as he was being. She cried softly.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:34 pm

William picked her up a little higher and kissed the bruise surrounding her eye, noticing that it had grown slightly. She whimpered but held onto him, knowing that he would keep her safe.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 12:37 pm

Mike was aware he'd have to be very careful from now on not to scare his children. He'd have to entirely change his behavior.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:51 pm

Christopher let out a quiet whine, reaching out an arm to reach Mike, even though it was hopeless. Sarah-Gabrielle tried once more to get away from Mike, still tense.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:55 pm

Mike surprised himself thinking that if one day he and William had to be separated, he'd know who which children would be happier with.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 2:59 pm

"Da," Christopher whimpered, still crying quietly. William kissed his forehead before passing him carefully over to Mike. "I think he wants you," the singer smiled very weakly.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Mike took him, trying his best to smile at the little boy. "You haven't been lucky so far..." He brought him near Joshua, who bumped his tiny fists on the baby's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:09 pm

William watched as his son's interacted. They both looked slightly confused. "I don't think they know that they're brothers yet," William whispered, smiling sadly. He kept the little girl in his arm, kissing her forehead to calm her crying.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:14 pm

Mike leaned closer to William. "They haven't spent much time together so far." We haven't either.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:16 pm

William watched as Christopher gently moved a hand over to Joshua, tears still running down his cheeks. Joshua responded by putting his hand to Christopher's, eyes wide. William smiled at their innocence. He moved closer to Mike.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 3:20 pm

"Do you think they understand they'll need to be there for eachother?" Mike sighed. "I hope they won't be left on their own." He didn't know what could happen to William and himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You gave me something I could hold onto.   You gave me something I could hold onto. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You gave me something I could hold onto.
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next