Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Message from the milk man

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Wren Erickson

Wren Erickson

Female Number of posts : 765
Loyalties : Ryland
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Message from the milk man Empty
PostSubject: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 4:27 pm

Wren glanced round warily as she walked towards her destination. She kept calm, making her flickering gaze look curious rather than cautious. Finally her eyes locked on the door she was aimed towards, her boots clicking as she walked steadily along the pavement.
Glancing around her again, she crouched down beside the doorstep and carefully put down her backpack. From it she drew three cartons of a darkly-coloured liquid and placed them on the doorstep, a note attached to the back of each one. Only when the two halves of the ntoe were put together would it make sense, and as there was no signiture she assumed she was safe.
As Wren walked away she reread the message in her mind.
Thanks again, kid. Try to take care, huh?
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:35 pm

Mike read the note before paying any attention to the bottles. He teared it in two and kicked the bottles as hard as he could, leaving shattered glass and liquid on the front steps. Suitable for a murderer's house, he thought before walking in. He let most of his bags in the hall, but brought the plush toy with him inside the living room, where he sloppily sat on the couch. He searched his pocket for his lighter. When he took it out, his ring fell on the floor and rolled under the couch. Mike groaned, and lit a cigarette, the toy in his lap. He looked at it, staring into its small lifeless black eyes. "Back to how it was before he came into my life," he said matter-of-factly, his eyes empty, devoid of all emotion. "I do better alone anyways." I hope William knows why I did this. I hope he knows I love him.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:42 pm

Mike first felt something uncomfortable beneath the skin of his back. When it started to hurt, however, he knew for a fact what it was. He traced the shape of long bony wings on his back, half dissimulated by flesh covered in faded scars. "Please, not now," he gasped before falling to the ground. He closed his eyes. No. He said he'd help me. William said he'd be there.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:54 pm

Mike wrapped his arms around himself, knees and forehead on the floor. He clenched his teeth. When he had thought about getting his wings, he had somehow imagined they'd come out of the little bumps on his back, perfectly folded. Now he could feel the long vertical bones ready to pierce through his skin at any moment. He screamed in pain when he felt bones collide, his shoulderblades being pushed up.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:58 pm

William twisted the door knob quickly, throwing the door open as he rushed in. He's going to hate me for this... He stared at Mike in shock before running to the man's side, holding him up a little, lettign the guitarist know that he was there for him.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:01 pm

"William," Mike said with a small smile, beads of sweat forming on his forehead. "I think I lost my ring." It was really all that mattered before he screamed again, clutching the boy's arms. He needed William to help, but he didn't want to scare or disgust him with his transformation. He said nothing.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:04 pm

William's arms were hurting as Mike clutched them, but he showed no signs of pain. He slowly removed Mike's shirt. He rose to his feet before jogging into the kitchen and grabbing a clean towel. "Here, bite down on this so you don't hurt your mouth," he whispered, putting the towel into the guitarist's mouth before lending his arms around Mike again.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:09 pm

Mike bit the towel just like William had instructed him to. Tears started falling down his cheeks. Don't look at me. He hit his fist on the ground before spitting out the towel, letting out a louder scream of pain. "Fuck, FUCK!" He tried to breathe. "William...go in the kitchen and get a knife. Quick!"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:12 pm

Even though he didn't understand, William did as he was told, rushing into the kitchen and grabbing a knife. He remained standing right next to Mike. "What do you want the knife for?" he asked, staring the guitarist in the eyes. How do I help him?! I need to find some way to help him!
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:15 pm

Mike panted. "You see the wings? Get them out." He figured that if he started by the bottom, his wings might just slip from beneath his bones and not hurt him anymore. "I'll heal right after. Just do it!"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:20 pm

William nodded, panicking as he kneeled down behind Mike. He carefully held the knife in his left hand, making sure to steady it as he placed it into Mike's flesh, not digging too deeply, but deep enough to where the wings could have a chance of getting out easier. He bit into his lip as he worked, slowly drawing the blade of the knife up one side of Mike's back.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:25 pm

Mike brought his head further down, hitting it on the ground so he wouldn't scream again. "Take it out," he said between breaths. He could feel the blood-covered bat-like wing slowly come out.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:28 pm

William bit further into his own lip, drawing some of his own blood as he reached into Mike's back, past the seeping blood, and carefully pulled one of his wings out slowly, trying not to cause the guitarist anymore pain. He closed his eyes until the dark brown, almost black wing was out. He then started working on the other, cutting slowly and then pulling the wing out through all of the blood.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 pm

Mike let himself fall flat on his stomach when both wings were finally out. The right one had an odd curve at the bottom, like a bone had been deplaced. It didn't hurt - at least not more than the rest - but it was there to stay. Mike gasped for air, and the cuts on his back started healing, turning into two large scars.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:39 pm

William shifted a little, moving so that he could hold Mike's head in his lap, running his fingers though the guitarist's hair. "You did great," he whispered, trying to keep Mike calm.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:44 pm

"You did great," Mike corrected once he found the strenght to lift his head. "I'm...really sorry for asking you to do that. Thank you." He quickly discovered how to move his wings, and folded them against his back. I'm frigthening you, right? I'm a monster now.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:47 pm

William gave Mike a small, sad smile. "No problem," he whispered, still running a hand through the guitarist's hair as he watched the man fold away his wings. He moved his other hand back up to his mouth to wipe away the blood that he had let form there.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:52 pm

Mike moved, using William's arms to support himself until he was facing hiim. He slid his arm around him and kissed the man slowly, tasting every bit of his lips and mouth. Is this repulsive, William?
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:54 pm

William kissed back, slow and hesitant at first, not sure what to think. I thought he didn't want me anymore... He allowed Mike to explore where he wanted to, knowing that he would have to leave again soon.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 10:01 pm

Mike moved away when he realized William was confused, hesitant. "I see," he said with a sad smile. At least now that he saw me, he knows he won't miss anything. He turned around and grabbed the plush bunny, handing it to William. "I wouldn't know what to do with it," he said. "Keep it."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 10:04 pm

William shook his head silently before leaning in to kiss Mike once more. He deepened the kiss a little, wanting to savor the feeling. He doesn't want me anymore...
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 10:06 pm

Mike gently pushed William away. "Why are you doing this? Haven't you seen what I look like now?" He felt insulted, as if the boy was mocking him.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 10:08 pm

William stared up at Mike with confusion. "Yes, but that has nothing to do with it. You're still Mike, no matter what you are. You're still you," he whispered.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 10:13 pm

Mike felt tears sting his eyes, but he didn't do anything about it. "It doesn't make me any less ugly. I look horrible. I'm frightening, even." You wouldn't know how this feels, William. You're too perfect. "No matter how much I love you, I can't let you stay with me."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 10:16 pm

"You don't frighten me. I don't think that would or could ever even be possible," he whispered again, staring into the guitarist's eyes, his own seeming to tremble as they fought back more tears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Message from the milk man   Message from the milk man Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Message from the milk man
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting For Chicago :: Chicago :: 14 Dresden Avenue-
Jump to: