Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swear I was born right in the doorway

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:12 pm

Mike smiled a little. "We almost argued over a name. That's really dumb."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Species : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:17 pm

The little boy held onto William's shirt, his tiny hands grasping hardly any of the fabric due to their size. William held him close, smiling as he noticed that Sarah-Gabrielle had fallen asleep again. The boy's tiny hands went down to William's stomach, rubbing over it carefully as he closed his eyes. "I'm tempted to call him Tiny Tim," William chuckled quietly.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:25 pm

"You could call him anything and he'd love it. Anything you say sounds melodic." He touched his lover's hand. "How about a quick brainstorm...? Frank, Armand, Amadeo, Karl...got any?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:31 pm

William bit his lip. "Frances, Joshua, Antony, Jack, John, David...," William trailed off, trying to think of more. The baby kept quiet, staring at his parents with wide, innocent eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:37 pm

"Joshua reminds me of that U2 album," Mike commented. "Shortened to Josh...yeah, I like it. It's really cool." He looked at the baby. "Joshua, yes or no?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:39 pm

The baby looked confused as it stared up at Mike, eyes still wide. William looked over at Mike. "Are you sure that's what you want?" he asked, still willing to name the child Felix if Mike wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 pm

Mike nodded. "Positive, as long as the little mister agrees."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:44 pm

"Are you sure that you don't want to name him Felix?" William asked, still concerned. The little baby in his arms tried to form a smile, but couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:47 pm

"Oh, actually I was going to call him Felix when you wouldn't be home." Mike chuckled. "I'm kidding. I love the name Joshua, I really do." He poked the baby's nose. "Don't you think he looks like a little Joshua?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:51 pm

The baby made a gurgling noise as Mike poked him. William smiled. "Sarah-Gabrielle, Christopher, and Joshua," he grinned.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:55 pm

"I think they're all lovely names, and most importantly our kids won't hold a grudge against us for choosing them." He smiled softly. "We just need a dog and a Thanksgiving party, and we're the picture-perfect family."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 7:57 pm

William grinned, leaning over to kiss Mike. He carefully moved so that he could get a decent length kiss before having to pull away.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:00 pm

Mike gently touched William's hair, realizing how long it had been since they had had a proper kiss. He wanted to stay on his lips forever.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:02 pm

William smiled at Mike, stretching his legs quietly. "Do you think we should get going?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:05 pm

"Mhmm," Mike replied before yawning. "Yeah, definitely. Where to first?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:08 pm

William thought for a moment. "Probably to get them some clothes and diapers before they freeze," he said quietly, watching as Sarah-Gabrielle woke up.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:11 pm

"Yeah, right." He grunted as he got in a sitting position. "On the way back we need to stop by Sisky's. I want them to meet their big brother."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:13 pm

William hardly even nodded, a solemn look on his face as he stoof up, stretching his legs again. He adjusted the blankets around Joshua and Sarah-Gabrielle.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:16 pm

Mike picked up Christopher, making sure he was securely wrapped in his blanket, and stood up. "I think we're all set. I've got a bunch of coats downstairs; they don't look good but they're warm. Take one."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:18 pm

William shook his head. "I'll be fine," he smiled before turning and leaving the room. His hips were still sore, causing him to wince as he walked downstairs. He didn't ever think of stopping.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:20 pm

Mike followed him worriedly. "No, really. You need the biggest winter coat. It's freezing outside."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:23 pm

William shook his head again. "I'll be fine," he said once more, making it down the stairs. He walked over to the door, before stopping. He had almost slipped in the puddle of blood before he remembered.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:25 pm

Mike bit his lip, everything rushing back to him. He taught he could have got away with it. He stuttered a few words, some apologies and others confessions. He kept his child close.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:28 pm

William grabbed Mike's hand, leading the guitarist around the lrage puddle. "I-I'll get it later," he stuttered, quickly walking out the door and shutting it.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:32 pm

His mind now on something else, Mike didn't even think about insisting on getting coats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swear I was born right in the doorway   Swear I was born right in the doorway - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swear I was born right in the doorway
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting For Chicago :: Chicago :: 14 Dresden Avenue-
Jump to: