Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

& I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me

Go down 
+2
Victoria Asher
Mike Carden
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

& I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Empty
PostSubject: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:30 am

When they arrived at the Mandible house, Mike noted that all the Avians seemed somewhat agitated. Did something happen? He unfolded his wings to show he was one of them and timidly knocked at the door.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Asher

Female Number of posts : 566
Loyalties : Herself
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-29

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:33 am

Nick swooped through the door to see who was there.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:33 am

William stood right behind Mike. They were receiving odd glares and wakward glances. He kept the guitarist's hand in his and waited anxiously.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

Male Number of posts : 2887
Loyalties : None
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 am

Matt noticed a movement. He narrowed his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:36 am

Mike took a careful step back. "Nick? Is Butcher busy?" He had put all the emphasis he could on the word 'busy', and grinned.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Asher

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:37 am

Nick narrowed his eyes. "If busy means recovering from being attacked by Blackinton, then yes, he is." He turned to William. "You know what to do." He disappeared back into the house.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:39 am

William's eyes widened slightly at the mention of Ryland. He nodded his head, stepping in front of Mike. He carefully placed his hand on the doorknob and waited patiently.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:41 am

Matt watched as the man opened the door, a little girl clinging to his waist. They confused him. They had no scent.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:42 am

"Ryland?" Mike asked in a small voice. "Is Mikey alright?" He surprised even himself by asking how the man was.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Asher

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:43 am

Nick stopped and looked at his killer, stroking Angel's hair. A strange look crossed his face. "Andrew and Mikey are fine." He said in a soft voice. "I think Nils might be a bit bruised. Th... Thanks for asking." Angel ran and wrapped her arms around William's waist.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:46 am

William smiled down at Angel and ran a hand through her hair softly. She's too cute for words. William continued smiling down at the girl and petting her head.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:47 am

Matt noticed the nervous looks avians were giving him. I don't belong here. The thought gave him a strange sadness.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:50 am

"Good, good." Mike looked away nervously, only to catch the look William gave to Angel. Once again, he felt terrible for having her killed. William seemed to like her - William seemed to like every child. "Upstairs, right?" he asked, and gestured for Matt to step forward.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Asher

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:51 am

Nick bit his lip, smiling. "In response to your question from earlier... maybe I better go get them."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:55 am

William let Mike and Matt walk into the building. He followed, Angel still clinging to him. He walked in slowly and stood still, still smiling down at the little girl.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:56 am

Matt could smell the agitation in the air. He looked around. What happened? The last time he'd been here - with Ryland, coincidentally - the air had been calm, this place truly had been "sanctuary".
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 8:57 am

Mike grinned again. "Alright, you do that."
Back to top Go down
Victoria Asher

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:02 am

"Be. Right. Back." Nick darted up the stairs. "Oh, and look after Angel."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:05 am

William nodded and looked back down at Angel. "So how are you?" he asked quietly, a smile still on his lips.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:05 am

Matt kept looking around; for the small avian that despised him perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:07 am

Mike smiled softly at Angel. It was grieving him that he had only really known the child after her death.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:11 am

"Angel good, thank you," the little girl said with a smile. William grinned slightly. "That's good. So what have you been doing?" he asked her, his voice still somewhat quiet.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:13 am

Matt watched the interaction curiously.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:15 am

Mike stood closer to Matt. "Her name's Angel," he explained with a sad smile. "She was Mikey and Nick's daughter."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 9:18 am

"Baby Nils Daddy like!" Angel said, still smiling. William grinned. "That's really good," he said, carefully picking her up so that he was now holding her. He hoped she wouldn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me   & I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

& I'm not proud that nothing will seem easy about me
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next