Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now the storm is coming

Go down 
+4
Mikey Russell
William Beckett
Adam Siska
Mike Carden
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Now the storm is coming Empty
PostSubject: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:56 pm

Mike and WIlliam had felt the first droplets of rain while walking down their street; they managed to get inside before the storm.
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

Number of posts : 2854
Loyalties : Mattieflower
Species : Changeling
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:57 pm

It's going to rain and I don't have an umbrella. Great. Sisky ran up to the door of Mike's house and knocked.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:00 pm

"I'll get it," Mike announced, hoping it wasn't bad news. He opened the door, and was quite surprised to see Sisky. "Come in, you're drenched."
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:02 pm

Sisky stepped in only enough for the rain to be off of her and no closer. "Mike, please read this." she dug into her bag and pulled out the pregnancy test, her eyes flicking to William. "I promise I'll go as soon as you're done. You'll never see me again."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:07 pm

Mike took the box and the test itself. You could have read the instructions first. "Sisky, you're still a friend. Our friend." He read the side of the box - he was supposed to look for a blue line on the white strip. When he did look...he saw it immediately. He kept staring at it, pretending he was trying to understand, when in fact he was thinking about a way to announce the news.
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:11 pm

"If William thinks I'm in the way of your relationship then I'm out of here." Sisky pouted. "What does it say, Carden?" Of all the guys in the band you definitely aren't my first pick as father of my children, no offense. I hope William can see I don't care about you that way.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:13 pm

Mike swallowed. "It says you're pregnant." He didn't add anything else; he just kept staring at the white strip, hoping that the blue line might magically disappear.
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:16 pm

"But not with what," Sisky mumbled and turned around, wet fingers fumbling with the doorknob. "Have a nice life together, guys." She swore under her breath when she couldn't get the door open as fast as she wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:18 pm

Mike caught Sisky's arm. "I can't let you leave like that. It's my responsibility too. At least let me do something to help."
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 9:23 pm

"My apartment is how I left it somehow. There's enough room for me and the baby and I can always ask my parents to help me. You have a family with William to raise," Sisky said quietly. "This happens to girls all the time. It was a bad choice. I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Species : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 4:14 am

William, who was sitting on the couch curled up in a blanket, had overheard the whole conversation. Maybe I'm the one that should be leaving. At least Mike knows that Sisky's child is actually his. We don't even know who the father of mine are.. "S-Sisky, you can stay," he said softly. That way Mike can be taking care of him tonight, and then I'll sneak out and leave. I'll have to find some way to leave the city though. Mike has too much to take care of now. If I leave, that'll take care of four things that give him stress.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 6:49 am

Mike was stunned by William's answer. He addressed Sisky with a soft smile. "It was a bad choice we both made. Surely you'll find someone to help you raise the baby - until then, I'll be there. It's my baby too."
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:24 am

Sisky smiled a little sadly. I don't know what I want anymore, Mike. I'm pretty sure I'm not gay but now that I know I'm not limited by what gender I am I'm not sure if that even matters anymore. "I'll probably give birth in about five months. I don't really think you're prepared for what might come out."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:26 am

Mike raised an eyebrow. "I don't think you're much more prepared. What do you mean?" He took Sisky's arm gently and lead him inside the house.
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:31 am

"You don't understand, Mike. Changlings are parasites. We get humans to raise our children for us." Sisky whined helplessly. "I was born as a kitten, and my parents switched me with the real Adam T. Siska when I figured out how to change shape." Except now that I've told you about it you're not going to let me.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:34 am

"They...switched you?" Mike repeated, incredulous. "Wait, no. No, you're not doing that, Sisky. And either way - switching would imply you'd get another child, inevitably. Don't do that."
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:36 am

"They didn't keep him," Sisky looked away.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:38 am

Mike's eyes widened. That's horrible. He put his arm around Sisky's shoulder. "Hey...if you don't want to raise the baby, I'll do it. I'll take it with me."
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:41 am

"I can't do that to you." Sisky shrugged free. "You shouldn't have to."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:44 am

"Sisky, it's my child. I know you're the one carrying it, but I still have a part to play in this." Mike frowned. "What if I want it? What if I want to keep it?" He lowered his voice so William wouldn't hear. "I won't even ask you to see it if you don't want to. You won't have to visit. Just...don't get rid of it, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:49 am

"I'm not going to get rid of it," Sisky whispered. But I don't know what I'm going to do.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 7:52 am

"Good. Thank you." Mike sighed. "Stay with us until it's born. Please, Sisky. I know neither of us had planned this...but I want to see my child at least once." I've lost children already. Keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Adam Siska

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:02 pm

Don't make it hard. "We'll talk about it when it comes." Sisky crossed her arms. "I might have a little trouble giving birth."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:05 pm

Mike nodded, not really knowing what to say. He turned around, assuming Sisky would walk to the living room by herself. He went to the kitchen, where he spent a good fifteen minutes preparing dinner - he had remembered WIlliam hadn't eaten anything in a while. He disposed cracckers topped with cream cheese and smoke salmon in a plate, and added olives and a cold pasta salad he made himself. On the table, he placed a small lit candle. He looked at his improvised creation with a sad smile. "What a lame way to apologize." He peeked his head through the doorframe. "William, can you come here a minute...?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Species : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 1:44 pm

Good. They're all set up to raise it. Now I just need to get out of the picture tonight and it'll be perfect. William listened to Mike and walked into the kitchen, not sure of what he was doing. He stood still, leaning on the door frame. "Yes?" he asked, biting his lip. He ran a hand down the length of his stomach, frowning as he noticed that the small black shirt couldn't completely cover his growing stomach.

Last edited by on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now the storm is coming   Now the storm is coming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now the storm is coming
Page 1 of 32Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next