Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are you running from?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-05

What are you running from? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:07 pm

William flashed a small smile. "Of course. What else would I be doing?" he asked. Just then there was a knock at the door. William's eyes widened and his stomach seemed to flip. He stared at Mike in shock. Is that him?!
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Species : Avian

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:13 pm

Mike seemed to stop breathing for a second. "Oh my god," he gasped. "I'm so fucking nervous, you have no idea." He got up and stopped in front of the door, making sure William was standing behind him. He finally found the courage to open it.

The man standing outside was a bit taller than Mike, and of course significantly older; his brown hair was starting to turn gray, and his eyes were serious - almost intimidating. Still, he was smiling, and that was a good sign.

"Hi dad," Mike said, grinning.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:16 pm

William remained silent, hiding behind Mike. The older man's intimidating stare was scaring him. I feel like I need to curl up and die now. His knees felt weak. Trembling, he held on to the back of Mike's shirt for reassurance.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:20 pm

The man's smile widened. He extended his hand formally. Mike shook it; he remembered doing that even when he was a kid. "Can I come in?" his father asked patiently. Mike nodded. "Yeah, yeah - sure." He stepped back inside, almost shoving William behind the door.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:25 pm

William moved with Mike,s till afraid to look his fiance's father in the eyes. He bit deeper into his lip. He felt like he was going to be sick, but he held it in. Don't ruin this for Mike, he told himself.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:31 pm

"Dad..." Mike started. The man turned to look at him. He knew he had noticed William - it couldn't have been otherwise. He swallowed with difficulty. "Uhm, this is," he took William's hand to pull him forward, "William. I told you about him; he's the singer of my band." He exhaled slowly. "He's the man I live with. I-I love him, and we're getting married." He had to reformulate it to make it clearer, just in case.

Mike's father frowned. He stared at the man before him, studying him, looking up and down. He spoke after a while."You're kidding, right?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:34 pm

"N-no he's not, sir. We're getting married this weekend." William was still shaking as the man studied him. He was trying to be polite and proper, but he stuttered out of fear. He subtlely moved one of his hands behind himself and reached for Mike's, squeezing it softly.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:42 pm

"I see," the man said after a moment. He hadn't failed to notice the boy's sharp fangs. "If you'd excuse me, then..." He shoved the boy aside, and hit his son across the face. Mike winced in pain, but didn't say anything. His father, however, had barely started. "Is that how I raised you?" he asked, his eyes translating all his anger in one furious look. "Is that how you thank us, you mother and I? You decided to become a...an homosexual. Fine, that's your choice. But I will never, under any consideration, tolerate a vampire in my family. Do you understand?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:45 pm

William moved in front of Mike again, blocking him from any further assaults. He shook his head in disgust. "You don't hit your own son," he spoke up, not caring if it'd earn him the same fate. He wanted to protect Mike. He stared into the intimidating eyes of the other man and kept his ground.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:52 pm

Mike stared at William in disbelief. He's going to get hurt. He's trying to protect me but he'll only get hurt. He was paralyzed by fear; of course, his father saw the opportunity. He looked straight at William. "He will not let you live with my son. I will do anything to make sure this union never happens." He grabbed William by his shirt and pushed him hard against the door. With one hand, he took a pocket knife out of his jacket.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:55 pm

William's eyes widened and he hissed out of pain, anger, and fear. He held still, not putting up a struggle. He smirked. "I guess right now wouldn't be the best time to tell you that I might be pregnant with his child, now would it?" He remained still, a smirk still on his face. He was putting on a strong act, but inside he was as afraid as he'd ever been.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:59 pm

"Oh really?" Mike's father asked, not even surprised. "We'll see if it's the case." He lifted the blade in his hand and aimed for William's stomach. "Don't you fucking dare!" Mike yelled, snapping out of his daze. He unfolded his wings and tackled his father to the ground. The man screamed at the sight of the wings, and dug the blade in Mike's shoulder in one swift movement.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:03 pm

"Mike!" William yelled, falling to his knees quickly. He allowed the Avian to keep fighting his father to the ground. Carefully maneuvering his hands, William wrapped his fingers around the end of the knife and pulled it out of Mike's shoulder slowly, making sure that his father wouldn't be able to reach it again. He closed his eyes as Mike yelped in pain as he pulled the knife out, but he knew he had to. Carefully gripping it, he looked down at teh guitarist's father with disgust. "Why the fuck would you even try something like that?!" he hissed.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:16 pm

Mike's father laughed. The same laugh Mike had heard too many times already. He ignored William. "Avian, with avian blood. That's the best part of it all, I think." He pushed Mike away, and looked at William. "You can tell this man he has nothing to do with the Carden family anymore. I hope you'll have a happy wedding celebration, hopefully before our hunters come looking for you." He stood up and opened the door. "Faggot," he shot as his son, before shutting the door closed and leaving.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:21 pm

William hissed again, about ready to go chase the man down when he looked over at Mike. Falling back down to his knees again, William took the guitarist in his arms. "I'm sorry," he whispered, still holding the man close.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:23 pm

Mike didn't wipe the blood off his shoulder. He smiled slightly. "It's okay. I thought it would be worse, actually." He chuckled. "Well William, that was Mr. Carden, your in-law." He winced, his wound starting to hurt. So I'm a faggot now.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:26 pm

William gave a small, sad smile. "Well, I guess that's what in-laws are for. At least we know he won't steal our kids from us for fun." He looked down at Mike's wound. "I'll go get some badages," he said quietly as he stood up.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:28 pm

"No need to, I'll hea...nevermind, I forgot." Mike shrugged. "No more Carden blood." He smiled sadly and let William go.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:31 pm

William stopped walking and turned back around to face Mike. Sighing, he began to speak. "Mike, no matter what he says or what you think, you're still a Carden. Your blood can't ever be fully replaced with Avian blood. You can't just suddenly have your history disappear because something's been added to you. You're still Mike Carden," he said the last part with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 6:41 am

Mike avoided William's look. "Maybe I don't want to be Mike Carden. I don't want to be the guy who brought you home to kill you," he confessed. I hadn't even planned to let you live; even less you fall in love with you. "I don't want to fight for this city anymore."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 1:51 pm

William nodded, biting his lip as he casted his gaze towards the ground. "If you really don't want to, then you don't have to. No one is forcing you to stay and fight." He looked over at the guitarist. It'd probably be safer for you to leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you running from?
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting For Chicago :: Chicago :: 14 Dresden Avenue-
Jump to: