Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are you running from?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-05

What are you running from? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:59 pm

William shrugged. "I have no clue. It's been a while," he bit his lip in thought. He probably think I'm crazy. Leaning back in the chair a little, he relaxed, enjoying the brief moment of peace.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Species : Avian

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:02 pm

Mike did his best to ignore William's remark, or at least not let show that it had affected him. Next time I cross paths with Ryland, I kill him. "I've got roasted chicken leftovers," Mike announced, looking inside the fridge. "Anything you want with that? Salad, fries..."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:07 pm

"Salad is fine with me," William spoke quietly as he rubbed his eyes. I don't know why I feel so weak. He remained silent for a few moments, lost in thought. "Hey Mike?" he began. "Was it my fault that we lost the babies?" he asked, a guilty expression on his face. It was. No matter what you say, it was.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:13 pm

Mike shook his head, too busy taking food out of the fridge to look at William - or maybe he simply didn't want to. "No, of course it wasn't." He finally found the dressing and bag of lettuce. He put them on the counter. "It's something that can happen for a bunch of different reasons."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:16 pm

"But the doctor named not sleeping and not eating as two of the main reasons. It was my fault," he whispered the last part, afraid to admit it out loud. I never wanted that to happen.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:19 pm

"Well, it wasn't very responsible of you, was it?" Mike sighed. "But lots of pregnant mothers have a bad alimentation and not enough sleep, and they still have healthy babies. And besides, the doctor said you should relax. I didn't let you rest at all."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:22 pm

"What do you mean?" William asked him quietly. I remember falling asleep in your arms so many times. I've rested quite enough. Taking his teeth out of his lip, William decided to bite the inside of his cheek instead.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:27 pm

"I'm thinking about that time with the scissors, or the day we bought the bed." Mike looked away, preparing the salad. "You know what I mean. That wasn't too healthy, now was it?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:31 pm

William nodded. "But those were both my fault. I'm sorry for what I did," he mumbled again. Why am I so depressed? He's so strong and yet with every passing second I feel worse.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:37 pm

Mike frowned, although William couldn't seem him. "What did I tell you? Stop apologizing all the time. It's not even your fault. I don't think you would have...done something like that without a reason." He bit his lip and closed his eyes for a second. "And I'm the reason. Let's talk about something else now." He put the dressing in the salad and mixed it.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:42 pm

William nodded, deciding that he needed to lose the depressed feeling quickly. "So who exactly are we inviting this weekend?" he asked, smiling over at the guitarist.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:49 pm

"So far, we got...Butcher, Butcher and Butcher." Mike turned to look at William. He was about to list all the possible guests when he remembered something important. "Shit! We have what, four days? I didn't make any reservation!"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:56 pm

William laughed a little at Mike's sudden thought. "Tsk, tsk Mike! A little forgetful, aren't we?" he laughed again, grinning at the flustered guitarist.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:58 pm

Mike handed William a bowl of salad and a fork. "Start with that. I'll go get my laptop," he said, rushing out of the room.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:01 pm

William chuckled a little as Mike raced out of the room. He picked up the fork and played with it, tossing the salad around in the bowl, pondering what it would taste like. Finally picking some up with the untensil, William ate a bite, happy that he had actually been able to chew and swallow it.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:08 pm

Mike walked back in the kitchen, laptop in his arms. He placed in next to William and turned the power on. In the meantime, he put cold chicken in a plate, and in the microwave. "How's the salad?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:11 pm

William swallowed another bite before turning to look over at Mike. "Pretty good," he smiled, silently thanking the guitarist. He turned back around and continued eating slowly, his eyes watching the computer load and start up.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:18 pm

Mike took the plate out of the microwave once the chicken was ready, and put it next to William's salad. He sat in front of the compter. "First, you've got to establish where we're getting married."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:21 pm

William smiled. "Must I make all of the important decisions?" He made a mock pouting face as he looked over at Mike. I'd get married to you anywhere in the world.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 7:00 am

Mike sighed, and gestured toward the plate of chicken. "Eat and I'll think of something." He straightened his back, and opened an Internet window on his laptop. "New Jersey allows civil unions, and it's a pretty nice state and all." He searched on Google for a few minutes. "There! Smithville Inn." He pressed his finger against the screen. "The rooms are pretty huge, so we can invite friends and families of friends and all that. They already have everything planned for weddings, and there's a garden for the ceremony." He looked at the pictures of couples on their wedding day, and frowned slightly. I just hope they'll allow a same-sex couple.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:38 am

William looked over at the glowing screen. Taking another bite of his salad, he read the text on the screen and swallowed, nodding his head. "It looks perfect," he smiled over at Mike. "I just have one question; how are we going to get everyone to the inn?"
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:54 am

"Bus ride?" Mike suggested hesitantly with a small smile. "Honestly, I don't know. It's kind of a last-minute thing." What if they can't come? "We should start by calling them to announce it. And then ask if they're free this weekend."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 11:00 am

William nodded. "We can also tell them that I'll pay for any travelling fees. That way if they have the time, they'll actually come," he chuckled a little, a smile still on his lips.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 11:05 am

Mikie grinned. "We're paying. And since 'we' means nothing until it's made official, I'm paying." He kissed William's cheek and got up to get the phone. "Who do we tell first?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 11:19 am

William pouted as Mike spoke. Why does he pay for everything? He then grinned. "As much as I hate to admit it, Pete was the first name to come to mind," he chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you running from?
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting For Chicago :: Chicago :: 14 Dresden Avenue-
Jump to: