Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are you running from?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

What are you running from? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:01 pm

Mike grinned. "Not until we get dressed first. It's awkward to be on the phone with your parents when you're naked." He grabbed William's clothes and handed him.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Species : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:06 pm

William nodded, grinning as he pulled on his underwear and then his pants. He carefully slid on his shirt and awaited for Mike to do the same. "I'll need to take a shower before we go if they want us to come today."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:12 pm

Mike slid on his boxers and jeans. "I'll call first; then we'll see about that." He took William's hand and lead him into the kitchen, where he grabbed the phone. "I want you to be there when I call, okay?" he said anxiously. "Don't you dare walk out of the room."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:14 pm

William nodded, still smiling. "And I promise I won't use the teenage voice again to tell them that you got me pregnant," he laughed, sqeezing Mike's hand a little for reassurance.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:32 pm

Mike nodded seriously. "Okay." Because I'm not sure how to tell them you're a guy. He had to look in his phonebook for his parents' number, which he dialed. It rang. Mike took a deep breath that was cut short by his father's voice. "Hi dad. It's Mike." There seemed to be hesitation at the other end of the line. "I know, but I've been pretty busy. How's mom?" Mike's nervous smile faded. He squeezed William's fingers. "Oh. If you had called, I could have...yeah, okay. Tell her I said hi." He listened to his father. "I don't care, tell her anyways. She only has one son, she might remember him. Yeah. Thanks." He showed a sad smile to William.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:36 pm

William bit his lip and frowned a little. Something's wrong with his mom. He squuezed Mike's hand gently as he looked over at the man. [/i]Maybe this was a bad idea...[/i]
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:42 pm

Mike continued his conversation. "Actually, yes. I met someone. It's serious, and well, I - we hoped to get married soon. This weekend, probably." He swallowed, and squeezed William's hand again. "Of course you can meet her... Uh, yeah. Sure. Well no, give me at least... Okay, that should be fine." He nodded, although his father couldn't see him. "See you then. Bye." He hung up and threw the phone on the table.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:47 pm

William frowned as he looked over at Mike. "What's wrong?" he asked, concerned about what had just happened. He moved closer to the guitarist to comfort him.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:48 pm

Mike's eyes watered, but he smiled. "Nothing. My dad's coming in the next hour, so you should get a shower." He kissed William's cheek.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:50 pm

William kept the concerned look on his face. "Something else happened. What's wrong?" he tried again. I hate to see you sad.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:54 pm

Mike sighed. "My mother, who's supposed to be the," he made quotation marks with his fingers, "liberal one in the family, can't come. She's busy." He blinked to get rid of unwanted tears and kept smiling. He rubbed William's back. "My father kind of assumed you were a girl." He forced a laugh. "I hope you can live up to that reputation, William Beckett."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:57 pm

William nodded solemnly as he raised his hand to wipe away one of the only stray tears that he could see on Mike's face. He leaned over to hug the guitarist, not believing that he was crying just because his mother couldn't make it. He held the other man close for a few minutes, trying to tell him that everything would be alright.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:00 pm

Mike sobbed, and immediately bit his lip. He hadn't wanted William to hear it. "You should get ready," he suggested half-heartedly. "He'll be there soon."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:03 pm

William let go of Mike and moved back a little, frowning. "Mike, tell me the truth. What's wrong?" he asked once more, having heard the man's obvious cry.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:10 pm

Mike looked away. "My mom's getting old. She's starting to forget stuff." He sighed. "She can't come because she's being hospitalized. Alzheimer, apparently. She won't even recognize my dad." He looked back at William. "Now go, I want you to be clean for when my father gets home."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:17 pm

William bit his lip, unsure of what to say. Is 'I'm sorry' even appropriate? Frowning, he kissed Mike's cheek softly before he stood up and walked to the bedroom, retrieving his smaller pants, and then heading back towards the bathroom. He shut the door and began taking off his clothes, frowning the whole time. He opened the shower door and stepped in, turning on the water.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:23 pm

Mike pulled the nearest chair and sat on it. "I don't know what I'd be doing without you," he thought out loud. I probably wouldn't have found out. I wouldn't have called. He felt horribly guilty, but hoped the meeting with his father would let him be closer to his family.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:29 pm

William was shaking as he washed his hair. What if he hates me? What if he wants me dead? What if I'm not good enough for him? William's mind was racing as he stood in the shower. A few minutes after cleaning himself, he decided to step out. Turning off the water, he grabbed a nearby towel and started drying off.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:38 pm

Mike remembered how his father had disapproved of his last girlfriend, saying she wasn't worth his time. Not only had be been right, but the woman had tried to kill him months later. He told his had it had been a 'rough breakup', but nothing else. He had laughed, proud of his intuition. Mike despised his father's laugh. He certainly didn't want to hear it that day.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:43 pm

William quickly pulled on his clothes, running a hand through his hair. Still nervous, he opened the door and walked out to meet Mike. He was biting his lip as he sat down next to the guitarist. Shaking slightly, eh looked the man in the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:45 pm

Mike made an effort to make William feel at ease. He smiled. "I'm doing better now," he lied. "I'll go get a shirt, and then we can rehearse our speech." He chuckled and walked out of the kitchen. William's presence made him even more nervous.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:49 pm

William bit his lip and nodded. "We're fucking doomed," he muttered when Mike ahd left the room. Still shaking a little, William felt more vervous without Mike in the room.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 6:58 pm

Mike walked back in the kitchen with a shirt on. He sat next to William, and took a deep breath. "Okay. So if we summarize everything, you're supposed to be a human girl in your twenties, and I'm supposed to be straight, wing-less and immortal."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:01 pm

William bit deeper into his lip. "Mike, I don't know if we can get through this telling lies." He looked nervously over at his fiance.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Mike smiled. "Eaxctly. We won't. We'll say the truth." He cupped William's cheek and kissed him. "You and I, we'll tell him. I want you to be there."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you running from?   What are you running from? - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you running from?
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting For Chicago :: Chicago :: 14 Dresden Avenue-
Jump to: