Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Won't give it up

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Won't give it up - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:14 am

If William wasn't shaking enough earlier, he certainly was after he heard those words. That's all he needs now. Everything's against him. William let out a small whimper and put his arms around Mike, pulling the guitarist into an embrace. It was all he could think of doing. He didn't know what else to do. I can't lose him. I love him.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Species : Avian

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:19 am

"Hey, calm down. It's just a small cut," Mike whispered, even though he knew what William was really worried about. "I'm going to be alright. No one knows yet." Yet, he repeated in his head.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:22 am

William kept his arms around Mike, too afraid to let go. "B-but what will happen when someone does find out?" he whimpered again. Nothing can ever work out, can it? I love him more than he'll ever know, and as soon as we take one step forward, someone or something beyond our control pushes us two steps back.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:28 am

"They'd have to try if they want to find out," Mike said. "I can be killed like any other Avian now. It's just...fair." He rubbed William's back to make the boy relax a bit. "Death is not a concept you get too well, do you? You've lived for a long time. Death is natural for most of us." He closed his eyes. "To be honest, I'm glad I don't have that power anymore."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:31 am

He wants to leave. Maybe I should do the same. The thought raced through William's mind as he sat there shaking. Everything was starting to add up again. Everything was becoming too much. He'd lost his three children, very well could have lost his fiance just a few hurs earlier, and now had the thought of his fiance wanting to leave plastered in his mind. He didn't even have the strength to cry anymore. He sat there shaking, his arms still around Mike.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:38 am

Mike kissed William's cheeks, not removing his lips from the boy's skin right away. "I'll be careful so nothing happens. If I can prevent it then I won't leave you." He opened his eyes. "I took lives but no one could ever harm me. I had it on my conscience for too long. Now I can put up a decent, fair fight."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:41 am

William knew that it must have been a relieving thing for Mike to feel, but the thought of Mike dying scared William beyond belief. He wants to leave... William remained silent, still shaking. He couldn't cry. He didn't have the strength left. He'd cried all of his tears earlier. And now, as he sat there, his arms around Mike, he felt the most vulnerable he had ever been. That's how he knew that he really did love Mike. He was afraid to go on without him.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:48 am

Mike held William tighter, inevitably noticing the empty space between their stomachs. "I didn't mean to frighten you," he said. "What are you so scared of? Nothing's happened yet. I won't let anything happen."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:51 am

"I-I don't want to lose you too," he was only able to whisper. He'd lost so many people in his long lifetime. First he had lost his family. Then he'd lost so many other friends, both human and otherwise due to Ryland's rules and commands. And then he lost three of his children. All three of them. He didn't know what he'd do if he lost Mike.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 9:57 am

It will inevitably happen. You always knew it. Mike kissed William again, unsure what to tell him. He was well aware he'd most likely be killed during the war, but at the same time he was willing to fight for survival, if only for William. "I have no intention of leaving you alone in this ugly house. Especially not once you'll be pregnant again."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:00 am

William tightened his arms around Mike. His lip trembled at the thought. He still loves me. "Th-that reminds me," he began. "If you leave, I'll be going with you. As soon as Ryland finds out what happened, I'll be gone too," he whispered, biting his lip.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:06 am

Mike shook his head. "Ryland won't find out. And if I die, it's going to be while protecting you. There's no way I'd let anyone harm you, and especially not that son of a bitch of a clan leader." He clenched his fists. "We'll have another child. Ryland won't know it's not his, and by the time it'll be born we'll be out of this city."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:11 am

William nodded slowly, loosening his arms around Mike. He moved himself back a little. "Are you sure you want to though? I-I don't wantyou to do it only because you're afraid I'll get hurt. I only want you to do it if you actually want this," he whispered, looking into Mike's eyes. Please don't do this just for my sake.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:16 am

"There are two things I want in this world: to be with you for as long as I can, and to have a child with you." He smiled. "We're getting married in less than a week - my first wish came true."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:20 am

William smiled, leaning forward to kiss Mike. "I love you," he whispered as he pulled away. "I want to have a child too," he added, trying to add reassurance to Mike's thoughts. They can't take place of the children we lost, but we will love them just as much.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:25 am

Mike closed his eyes when William's lips touched him. "I'm sorry for trying to kill myself," he said bluntly. "It was stupid. I was devastated and I just...lost it." He took William's hand in his own. "You're what keeps me alive. Don't forget that. I love you more than anything."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:29 am

William smiled with Mike's words. "I love you too," he whispered again, leaning forward to kiss the guitarist once more. "A-and I'm sorry for all that I did wrong." There was too much to name specifics. "I'll start listening more. And I'm sorry for what happened earlier," he whispered, closing his eyes as he silently blamed himself for the miscarriage.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:34 am

"What happened earlier?" Mike asked, clueless. "You've got nothing to blame yourself for." He gently stroked William's hair. "Just be happy, okay? You can do plenty of things wrong and I won't give a damn, just as long as you're not sad."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:38 am

William nodded slowly again, starting to calm down a little. WHat does he mean 'what happened earlier?'? "I-I'm sorry we lost our children," he mumbled, not able to keep eye contact with Mike. It was my fault.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:43 am

"Oh, William," Mike sighed, kissing the top of the boy's head. "Don't tell me you think this is your fault..." He cupped William's cheek and looked at him. "You're wrong. It just happened and neither of us could do anything about it. Please don't blame yourself."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:46 am

"But I have to. It was my fault. I had to have done something wrong for that to have happened," he whispered, looking into Mike's his own tinted with sadness. He bit his lip again, fighting the tears that he knew wouldn't fall.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:50 am

"What if I was the one who did something wrong? Did you think about that?" He frowned. "Honestly, I don't want to know. We both made mistakes but we can't tell how or why it happened. No matter how sad I am, it doesn't matter to me anymore."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:55 am

William nodded again, not wanting to add anything to Mike's statement. "I know I won't ever be able to forget that completely, but can we go see Butcher so he can heal the scar?" he asked, pulling his shirt up a little to look down at the scar that brought the images of the previous events back into his mind.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 10:59 am

Mike kissed William's ear. "Of course." He stood up and helped William do the same. He quickly considered the possibility of bringing his weapon just in case, but remembered there was no bullet left. He lead William by the hand and open the front door, the newspaper headlines catching his eye. He took it to read the article, but stopped halfway through. He handed it to William, nearly shoving it in his face. "Read."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 11:04 am

William took a hold of the paper, a little flustered as Mike shoved it into his face. he pulled it away from his face so that he could properly read it. His eyes widened as he read the article, now understanding why Mike had been so quick to shove the paper for him to read. "Murder in the skies," he read in disbelief. He cringed as he read the gory details of the murder, knowing automatically who had commited the crime. "Well, I guess we have two reasons to go now," he frowned and cringed again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Won't give it up   Won't give it up - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Won't give it up
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next