Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.

Go down 
+3
Brad Wilk
William Beckett
Mike Carden
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-05

The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:22 am

William became worried when he heard something made of glass fall and break. He would have come rushing in, but Mike had said that he was okay. But then again, he always said he was okay. William remained motionless, except for the fact that he felt the need to keep rubbing his stomach lightly. He had no clue why, but it calmed him. He had so many thinks rushing through his mind that confused him, or made him worried. One of the biggest was if he had just pushed Mike away. If I lose him, I'm going to end up fucking up the baby's life too. I can't do this alone.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Species : Avian

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:13 am

Mike took another glass and filled it with cold water. He stared ahead, practicing a convincing smile for a second or two, and left the room to go back to William.

"There," he simply said, handing his friend the glass. He kneeled down in front of the couch to have a better view of William's stomach. Slowly, he moved a hand toward it as if he wanted to touch it, but stopped. "Can I...?" He was fascinated.

Mike got on his feet when he heard several knocks on the door. "Better be important," he muttered.

Last edited by on Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 1:20 pm

Mike went back to William's side and gave him an apologetic look. "Sorry for leaving like that. We have new allies. Lots of them." He hoped the news would be enough to cheer up William despite the lack of details.

This time he didn't wait for his friend to answer - he placed his hand on William's stomach. "This is so weird." He smiled sincerely. "You're going to be a mom!" Even though it was Ryland's child, it was part of William. Mike knew he'd love the baby like his own.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:35 pm

William smiled down at Mike, finally happy about what was going to happen. And that fact that Mike was happy made William feel a lot better. He'd always wanted a child; he'd just never knew that it would happen like this. He knew there were going to be plenty of confused, worried, and fearful moments ahead, but he felt like he could get through anything with Mike by his side. He stared down at his stomach, with it's very small, almost invisible bump with Mike's hand over it. He felt safe again.

Slowly taking a sip of the water, William let out a small giggle as Mike touched a spot on his stomach that tickled.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:39 pm

"What are you going to call it?" Amused by William's previous reaction, Mike kissed the ticklish spot on the boy's stomach.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:47 pm

William let out a longer giggle this time as he blushed and tried to remember what Mike's question was. "I have no clue. All I know is that Ryland is out of the question," he said, a smile still plastered on his face. He reached one hand down to pet the opposite side of his stomach. He was enjoying this moment a lot.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 3:51 pm

Mike looked up into Wiliam's eyes. "Is the kid going to call me 'uncle Mike'? I want to be the cool relative that's not really part of the family. I'll buy your kid's first bike and its first car..." He knew he was getting carried away, but he loved it.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:00 pm

William stared at Mike with a grin on his face. "I'm not about to let you buy that much stuff," he laughed. "But, I do want you to be there for it. You'd be a great influence," he said. "Plus I'm sure any kid of mine would love you anyway." He smiled down at Mike loved the way that Mike was so gentle and caring when he touched him. It was quite a contrast from the way he imagined Ryland would have touched his stomach.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:06 pm

"I'm not sure about the influence thing," Mike admitted, sitting next to William on the couch. "I carry a gun on me all the time. I drink and I smoke and I never have coffee. And I haven't been especially nice to you back at the Metro. Let's hope the kid doesn't look up to me." He kept staring at the stomach. "How do vampire babies age?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:11 pm

"They start out just as a human baby would," he bagan. "But they stay in the baby stage for quite a bit longer, since vampires live for so long. That's why I still look like what a normal young adult human would look like." He noticed the angle at which Mike's eyes were looking and he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:14 pm

"So I'll have to change diapers until I'm fifty?" He smiled, but really, it wasn't that funny. The whole idea was quite frightening. "By the time he can have drinks I'll be dead and buried."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:17 pm

"Oh, it's not that long. It's usually just two years more than a human. But they age pretty quickly through the toddler, child, and teen stages. And by that time, they're mature enough to drink. I just won't let this one drink blood," William said, smiling down at his stomach and petting it softly again.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:23 pm

Mike smiled. "I hope vampire babies don't bite." He sat closer to William, as close as he could. He wouldn't have dared to say it, but he wanted the child to be his. It was odd, because he didn't really like kids to begin with. But a family with William, that wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:30 pm

"Not unless they're told to," William said. As Mike moved closer, a very noticeable blush appeared on his face, his eyes darting to the floor. He couldn't say what he wanted to, at least not after earlier. I wish this was your child...
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:36 pm

Mike wanted to apologize for not answering earlier. He hadn't exactly lied, but he was certain William had interpreted his silence as a rejection. "When you'll think about finding a father for the kid, remember that the two of you are immortal. You need someone who can be there... I mean, like, another vampire."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:41 pm

"N-no. I want to raise this child away from that world. Too many thing shave happened to make me want to get away. I don't want my child to suffer through that life like I had to," he said while staring down at his stomach again. I promise I'll do everything in my power to make sure that you don't have to live like that, he thought as he took another sip from the glass of water. "It's not a safe place for most adult vampires, much less a child. I wouldn't be able to find anyone suited for the job." Why can't you see that I only want you?
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:46 pm

"But," Mike tried, "if you find him a human father, he'll eventually die and leave both of you alone." What's worse - dying and knowing you can be replaced, or knowing you can't be?
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:52 pm

William sighed and looked into Mike's eyes. "For once in my life, I'm trying to look on the positive side of things. I'd rather us live in the present, and only worry about the present if necessary. Love can conquer all, even death." He took another sip of water and moved his other hand away from his stomach. You just don't get it, do you?
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:58 pm

Mike shook his head. "Love doesn't conquer all. Love didn't save you from Ryland and love won't win this war." But I want to believe. Without thinking, he leaned closer to William and pressed his lips against his in a soft kiss.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 5:01 pm

William kissed back, not deepening the kiss for the sake of keeping it innocent. He blushed once again as he pulled away after a moment and smiled. "There was no love with Ryland. I was forced to be with him. And you never know about that second part," he said while leaning into Mike and leaving a soft kiss on the guitarist's lips, loving how wonderful it made him feel.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 5:07 pm

"William," Mike said with a smile, a hand on the boy's stomach and the other on his shoulder. "I love you, and I want to be there for the baby. With you. You know what I mean? Together." There. It wasn't so hard to say.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 5:11 pm

William nodded and smiled before placing one of his hands on top of the one that Mike had on his stomach, the other one going behind the guitarist's neck as he moved closer to the other man. "You mean like a family?" he asked quietly, hoping that he wasn't interpreting the message wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 5:15 pm

Mike nodded as well. "Yeah. Like a family." He added, "Like a couple with a child. If you...want to." He really hoped William meant what he had said earlier, because he was totally serious about it.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 5:21 pm

William glanced down at his stomach and then back up at Mike. He had a smile on his face that he thought he never could have managed. Mike had put it there when no one else could. He stared into Mike's eyes and whispered,"I want to. I love you." He slowly moved in for another tender kiss, this one a little deeper than the last.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 5:32 pm

Mike had never thought he'd allow himself to fall in love again, but William was different from anything he had known before. He knew he meant what he said - he didn't even have to question it. And his kisses were just so good. Mike broke the kiss but pecked William's lips a few more times before completely letting go. "You know what?" He grinned. "I'll buy a new house our baby can grow up in. How about California? We could raise him by the beach." He knew he was getting carried away again, but he just couldn't stop himself. William and I are going to have a baby!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.   The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The sun is shining and my best friend is pregnant.
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next