Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I walk the forty steps to the room...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam Siska

Number of posts : 2854
Loyalties : Mattieflower
Species : Changeling
Registration date : 2007-09-15

I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:07 pm

Sisky turned small and flew past them, switching back to a larger shape and looking down the stairs calmly. "He was going to leave before you came back. I promised I'd watch him." She turned away and started walking briskly towards the door.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:11 pm

William stood still, eyes wide. His hands were still shaking. All of the sick feelings from earlier came back at a higher rate, adding panic and even more stress. He thought he could literally feel his blood pressure rising. He couldnt cry; his eyes had run out of tears. He couldn't scream or run after them; panic kept him held in place like glue. He stood still in Mike's arms, trying not to pass out from exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Species : Avian

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:55 am

Mike gently pressed his lips to the crook of William's neck, holding his frail body against him. "Sisky called me when I was fighting the fox demon. I didn't say anything because I knew they'd be back. They're not children anymore."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:59 am

William nodded slowly, turning around to face the guitarist. He put his arms around the man, and through some odd process, he was able to cry again. He buried his head in Mike's shoulder and cried silently, letting some of his frustration out.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:03 am

Mike lowered his head, his nose pressed on the top of William's head, and rubbed the boy's back. He wished the capacity to show emotions was equally distributed in their couple - maybe then William would smile more and Mike would seem less of an insensitive bastard. "You're a good mother," he whispered.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:08 am

William continued crying, wishing that he could stop. He closed his eyes, his face still resting on Mike's shoulder. He wanted to fall asleep in the guitarist's arms, but knew he couldn't. He picked his head up slowly and rubbed his bloodshot eyes, knowing that he wasn't going to be sleeping anytime soon. He looked up at Mike and sighed. "I really am an unfit parent," he whispered.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:13 am

"No, William." Mike kissed the boy's forehead. "No, you're not. I've never seen anyone love and care about their children the way you do. Don't say that." He looked into William's eyes. "Matt knows you love him. It'd make him sad to see you like this."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:16 am

William nodded, wiping the remaining tears from his eyes. He rested his head on Mike's shoulder once more. "What if I'm not a good enough parent for them?" he asked in a whisper, looking down at his stomach.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:46 am

"We've never had children before - not children we raised. It's alright to make mistakes. But we'll love them, Bill. They're the best thing that can happen to us." Mike smiled. "Everything will be perfect once they're born, I promise."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:49 am

William nodded again, comforted by Mike's words. He sighed, rubbing his tears stained, blood shot eyes softly. "Can we go find Matt?" he asked, still worried about his son.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

Male Number of posts : 2887
Loyalties : None
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:49 am

Matt sighed. He stood up and moved to watch them.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:57 am

Mike hadn't noticed the man's presence. "Of course we can."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 9:59 am

William turned so that they could walk back up the stairs. he was startled to find that Matt had already found them. His eyes wide at the sight of blood, William quickly walked over tot eh vampire. "Are you alright?" he asked, voice full of concern.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:00 am

Matt shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:02 am

Mike frowned. He's worried about you; at least have the decency to answer properly. "Why did you leave all of a sudden?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:04 am

William walked closer, noticing the blood that was still on the man's head. He gently moved around some hair to look at the cut. He frowned. "I need to clean that," he mumbled, checking for any signs of other damage.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:06 am

Matt flinched away slightly. He shrugged again in response to Mike's question.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:08 am

Mike grasped the man's wrist. "We were worried." He sounded angry.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:10 am

William flinched at the sound fo Mike's voice, knowing that it was going to scare Matt. He gently moved his hands around, still looking for anything else that might have been hurt when the other vampire fell.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:11 am

Matt jerked his wrist away violently and took a step back. He shook his head.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:13 am

Mike glared at him. "Matt, I don't care what you were thinking, just apologize to William. Now."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:15 am

William frowned, looking down at the ground. "He didn't do anything wrong. He doesn't need to apologize," he said softly, trying not to scare Matt any further.
Back to top Go down
Matt Heafy

Matt Heafy

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:15 am

Matt took another step back. Something was wrong with his mind. He couldn't respond.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:18 am

Mike sighed, his arms falling to his sides. He avoided to look into Matt's eyes. "It's not alright to make William worry like that." His voice was softer. "Sisky was worried, too. Heck - I was worried."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:20 am

William examined Matt carefully from a small distance. His eyes read something similar to suspicion. He walked closer to his son, staring him in the eyes. He bit his lip. "Something's wrong," he said softly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I walk the forty steps to the room...   I walk the forty steps to the room... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I walk the forty steps to the room...
Page 2 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next