Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food for thought

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Male Number of posts : 35
Species : Human
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:44 am

It was difficult to slip into the bar without being noticed, especially since no-one was there, yet, as usual he managed to pull it off.

Slinking slowly along the wall, not making a sound, he slipped into the corner and began a deep contemplation.

"I hope they never recover, how could they have done that?! May their honour fall to pieces..."
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:17 am

Still meditating he seemed to relive the moments in his mind, not completely but enough to make out what was happening...

It was in a clearing...what seemed like bamboo was all around...tall bamboo...

Screams...there were definately screams...or was it what he had imagined...he was rather confused...unsure of where he was or how he had got there

lights...bright lights around him...some of the foliage may have been alight...it was impossible to tell...
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Female Number of posts : 741
Loyalties : Hood
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 11:34 am

Xcelia walked into the bar, pausing as she saw a young man sitting on his own. "You alright?" She asked, stanind in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 1:30 pm

Donatello awoke from his meditation. Noticing there was someone else in the bar, and noticing that they had noticed him, was a little discomforting.

He had employed his most advanced skills to try to remain hidden.

Was he losing his touch?

They were talking to him! This was not good. He was stuck for words...

"I am fine. Thank-you for your concern"

This could be a disaster.

Might she find out who he was...?

Or what he had done...
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:04 pm

Xcelia raised an eyebrow and sat next to him. "Can I buy you a drink? You look a little pale." She smirked. "Unless of course you're naturally pale like me." Not waiting for an answer she orded them two drinks.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 9:58 am

She seemed like she could be trusted.

Gratefully accepting the drink he said "I tend to be pale, I am from cold climes"
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:05 am

Xcelia nodded a little. "Same, well France isnt excatly cold but oh well." She laughed, the sound harsh even to her own ears.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:55 am

"France?"

"The French are an honorable people"

Donny had never met a French person before. In fact he had never seen anyone besides the people from his village. Though, this French Vampire seemed nice.

In an incredibly un-usual turn of events he decided to make conversation.

"So, why did you come to Chicago?"
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 1:58 pm

Xcelia shrugged. "I came here with ze man I loved." She paused and downed her drink in one. "We are no longer together. So, what brought you here?" Then she paused again. "I'm Xcelia Le Phantom by ze way." For some reason her French accent was coming out thicker than usual.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:00 pm

"I am sorry that it did not work out for you."

"I had no choice but to come here, there were...there were problems in my native Japan, I had to leave, it was for my life"

Staring at the wall, lost in his own thoughts Donatello took a sip from his drink. It burned as it went down.

And yet again, he temporarily became lost in thought..
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 3:03 pm

Xcelia sighed and clicked a finger in front of his face. "Wake up dearie. I have introduced myself, but you have not. What iz you're name?" He accent thinned a little. Good.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:51 am

"Please forgive my rudeness, I meant not to offend you."

"My name is Donatello"

"Donatello Yoshi"
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:54 am

"A pleasure Mr Yoshi. A pleasure indeed." She smiled, careful not to show any fang. "You want another drink?" Her accent was pretty much gone now. That was the way she liked it.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:59 am

"No thank you Miss Xcelia, I did not care for this much, it burned."

Donny was thinking, would this person ask about his past? Would she ask him to retell what he had relived a thousand times? This might be interesting, albeit dangerous.

"May I buy you another drink Miss Xcelia?"
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:04 am

She smiled and shook her head. "No thank you I'm quite alright." She leant back a little, taking off her hat and shaking her long silver hair free a little. "So...Donny, what was the situation like in Japan when you left? I heard it was suffering somewhat."
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:07 am

It might be exciting to tell someone else. Then again it might be dangerous. Would she tell...?

"Well, Miss Xcelia, it is a long story. Althoguh I have some time on my hands.."
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:12 am

Xcelia placed her hat back on her head, the roman numerals glistening in the dark of the club. "I have time Mr Donatello."
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:34 am

"Well.." Donny began, stretching his mind.

"I am from Hokkaido. A small village in Hokkaido. The problems began in the middle of winter. and where I come from, that means snow, and lots of it.

The people of japan were under a feudal rule. The leader of a certain area was called the Daimyo, the leader of the daimyo's was the shogun.

The daimyo for my village was called Lord Nori Uki and he was a very powerful man. He had a castle built in his honour simply called Hokkaido Castle. Lord Nori Uki was a terrible person. He made sure his armies kept us in constant fear.

I lived under Nori Uki's rule for several years, until I'd had it.

So, one night, in midwinter. I decided to do something about it. It had to stop.

Donning my white clothes, I left my village late one night with a sole intention.

After walking in the woods for a while I found Hokkaido Castle surrounded by imperial guards and tall walls.

I realised the the task at hand would not be as easy as it would seem.

As a guard on his patrol walked past I grabbed him. Breaking his neck I left my hiding place in the woods and began to climb the wall.

Once inside the castle complex I had to climb to the top of the main tower.

This was considerably easy, as most of the guards were wondering what had happened to their colleague.

I had to maneuver across the traditional rooftops.

As I reached the top room, I saw Nori Uki lying asleep on the ground.

The best part was that his mouth was open.

Realising the the imperial chamber probably had a room above it, an attic or such. I had to slowly climb into the window above.

How I had not noticed this before, I do not know.

Once inside the attic I could see the candlelight coming through the boards that lined the chamber ceiling.

This took careful planning.

I slipped a piece of thread through the relatively large gap between the slats. The thread ended just short of Nori Uki's throat. Perfect I had thought. I had to remove the bottle slowly from my pocket.

And I then applied some of the liquid to the thread. It slid down the string like large drops of glass..

..and into Nori Uki's mouth."

This was indeed quite a long story, as Donny had said.
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:42 am

Xcelia blinked. "My, my, that is quite an impressive tale." She leaned forwards. "Why didnt you just leave the village?"
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:47 am

"I could not do that to my family. If I simply left they would still have had to suffer from Nori Uki"

Donny was wondering why he hadn't just left the village..
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:49 am

Xcelia nodded. "Understandable." She threw her hat up in the air and caught it again. "You've been though a lot."
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

"Some would say that. I just call it Life"

Donny only just noticed that his companion was wearing a very unusual hat

"That..that is un-usual clothes you are wearing.."
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:57 am

Xcelia smiled. "Why thank you." She gave a flick of her wrist, causing her beautiful braclets to jangle.
Back to top Go down
Xcelia Le Phantom

Xcelia Le Phantom

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:45 am

Xcelia spotted the shifter she had been talking to earlier enter and smirked. "If you'd like to join mr Mr Yoshi, I find great pleasure in winding that man up. Care to join me?" She gave him a look no one could possible say no to.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Yoshi

Donatello Yoshi

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:48 am

"I see no reason why not"

Donny wondered what would happen next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Food for thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food for thought   Food for thought Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food for thought
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next