Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This house is no longer a home

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Vampire
Registration date : 2007-08-05

This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:06 am

"Fine. But if you try to kill me in my sleep, please do it gently. Goodnight," William smirked as he headed back towards Mike's bed, still clutching his stomach and feeling dizzy. I can't believe he has been hiding this all along. And to think I planned on eventually meeting him and joining his forces when I had known him all along...
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Species : Avian

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am

Mike watched him go back to the bedroom, and waited until he was inside to speak. "If...if you need anything, just tell me, alright? Goodnight, Bill." He walked in the opposite direction, to the living room. He sat on the sofa. I can't afford making the same mistakes again with those of your kind. He took his gun out and hid it under a small cushion.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:22 am

William nodded in response to Mike's question, even though Mike couldn't see him. He walked into the bedroom, carefully shutting the door behind him. He walked back towards the bed and layed down on it, making sure to pull the covers over himself so that he wouldn't get too cold.

As he lay there, still clutching his stomach and occasionally groaning, a million ideas were rushing through his head. He never knew what Mike had been hiding. But he was more than happy to know that joining forces with the protector of the city meant staying with his friend. He couldn't fully trust Mike anymore, but he felt safer knowing that leaving his clan meant staying with someone he had used to trust.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:40 am

Mike tried to recall how it had happened, why it had happened. He couldn't. He simply remembered her dropping the gun on the tiled floor, her eyes wide, and letting her wings out. What did he feel at that moment? Hate, deception? He didn't know.

"You were supposed to die! It was supposed to kill you!"

He remembered her crying, her mascara running down her cheeks, and the way she repeated that Mikey lied to her, over and over.

"Mikey just wanted to make sure..." She let out a small, nervous laugh. "He used me."

He had kneeled down, his blood dripping on the floor while his skin slowly scarred. He had picked up the gun.

"Mike? What are you doing? Mike?" She was trembling.

Without a second thought, he raised the weapon and shot her, right through the heart. She fell on the floor and screamed and screamed and wouldn't stop screaming and squirming in pain.

"Mike!" She gasped. "Mike, please, no...I had to follow his orders, Mike! I'll tell you everything Mike, please! Don't do this, don't do this...!"

But he had already closed his hand on her wings.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:48 am

William couldn't sleep. Not with all these thoughts flying around in his mind. He was beginning to get a head ache from the alcohol he had consumed earlier, and being so confused wasn't helping him. He felt somewhat alone, lying there in Mike's bed. It was cold inside the room. It was as pitch black as the night, with only a small strip of light from the moon shining in through the open window. William stared out of it, afraid that his clan would come looking fo rhim at any moment. He was supposed to have brought someone back with him about an hour ago.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:54 am

Mike suddenly remembered William's words. "They were going to get rid of me soon anyway. I've heard them plotting." Maybe the two of them we're so different, after all. They had both been betrayed. Maybe that was their common ground. Maybe it could make them stronger.

Mike tucked his gun back in his jeans and left the room, wanting to check on William.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:57 am

William jumped as he heard a noise outside. Keeping a close eye on the window, he sat up, trying to prepare himself for if his clan did come after him. Staring out the window, William saw two shadowy figures standing around. He recognized the shapes of the people and froze. He tried calling for Mike, but his mind wouldn't allow it.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:00 am

When Mike came in the room, he was surprised to see William staring out the window. "Bill?" he whispered, just in case. The boy might have simply been confused or having a bad dream.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:05 am

William kept his eyes fixed on the window, not daring to move at all. His eyes widened as his thoughts were confirmed. Two of the brutes form his clan were standing outside on the corner of the street, staring at William through the window. William kept his eyes on them as they stared up at him, smirking. The two men started talking to one another. "Well, well, well. Looks like our resident whore found himself a new home." William became angry with those words. Still holding still, his eyes still widened, he held back a look of anger.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:11 am

Mike had heard them. He rushed to the window and pushed William out of the way to see who was there and how many they were. "Get the fuck out of here!" he shouted back at them. "William is under my protection from now on. Don't you guys dare coming around my house again!" He slammed the window shut. William is truly trapped.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:14 am

William relaxed a little as Mike shouted at the members of his clan. He heard the two men chuckle at Mike's words as they walked a little closer to his house, testing the guitarist. William sat on the bed speechless. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't let them hurt Mike.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:19 am

I'm sorry for getting you into this. "Are those guys Avians or vampires?" Mike asked, making sure his gun was loaded. Without waiting for an answer, he took William's hand in his own and dragged him into the living room, the only room that had no windows.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:22 am

"They're vampires. They're both from my clan. They're here because I was supposed to be back an hour ago. I had an 'appointment' with one of them," William said as he was dragged into the living room. He shuddered in disgust of the two men outside, and fromt eh fear that they coudl possibly enter the house.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:30 am

"Okay. Sit there, behind the couch. If you hear something, just don't move. Stay there until I get back."

He went back into his bedroom, where he could have a good view of the two men. He opened the window, aimed and shot one of the vampire's back. He knew it would never kill them, but maybe the pain would be taken as a decent warning. "I've killed one of yours once, I won't hesitate to do it again," he yelled. "Go back to your leader and tell him this is my territory. And you can forget about William!"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:35 am

William did as he was told and sat behind the couch, trembling slightly as he heard Mike's gun fired. He was worried. He could hear more shouting and laughing from the two vampires for at least five minutes afterwords, until finally they disappeared. William knew that they would be back. They'd probably even come back with more of his clan. What would he do? He couldn't let them get near Mike. Not when the city was at stake. He wasn't going to risk Mike's life. He sat there behind the couch for a few more minutes, his mind racing yet again.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:41 am

Mike went back into the living room, his hands shaking. He hadn't fired that gun since he had killed. He sank to the floor, right beside William, and pressed his back against the couch. "Whatever you have in mind, just know that you're more useful alive and here."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:46 am

William sat there shaking. He didn't know what to do. This whole situation was slowly getting out of control, and he knew that it was going to get worse. There was no stopping it. They had to fight. He had to turn against those who had hurt him the most, so it was easy for him. He just didn't want the chance of his friend getting hurt. "Th-thank you," he stuttered. Mike had really helped him back there. "If they would have had the chance to get in the house, I would have had to have slept with one of them," William said as he rested his head in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:52 am

Mike watched the boy for a second or two. He ran a hand in William's hair, gently. "I used to think I knew you by heart, but I was wrong. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to help you before. Now I can. I won't let them harm you again, I promise." We'll free the city together. And if it's only you and me, then so be it.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 10:59 am

William stared up at Mike with a weak smile. "Thank you," he whispered. He felt safer knowing that Mike believed his story now. He was still worried about the guitarist's safety, but he would do everything in his power to keep his friend safe, even if it meant death for himself. William kept shaking, unaware that he was doing so. He pulled his knees closer to his body and sat there next to Mike, silently thanking him for saving him from another night of his duties to his clan members.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:17 am

"We're certain to be safe in this room. Maybe you'd be more comfortable sleeping on the couch. Would you like a blanket?" He patted William's back. "I'll stay here with you all night, don't worry." He took out his gun and extended his hand to put it on the coffee table. "It's there if you need it."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:21 am

"Please stay with me," William whimpered as he kept shaking. The only reason he was so worked up over this was because of the thought of losing Mike. William wasn't afraid of what could happen to him. He only worried about Mike.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:26 am

Mike didn't move. "I said I would." He wrapped his arms around William and brought him closer. "I'm here. You'll be fine. We can sleep here if you want, I don't mind."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:29 am

William nodded his head and moved closer to Mike as the guitarist pulled him closer. "I-I'm not afraid about what happens to me. I could care less. I'm worried about you," he spoke as he sat there in Mike's arms.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:34 am

Mike smiled. "Then don't worry about me. They can't really kill me, now can they?" It's as if they already did. "I've got things to do, great things to accomplish, and I'm positive I can do it. I have to protect the city - that means I have to protect you as well."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 11:48 am

"You... You don't have to, Mike. I'm not in any real danger. I'm more of the clan's whore. They use me until they get bored with me and then kick me out. They were about to do that anyway," he mumbled as he looked down at the ground. Painful memories came rushing back into his mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This house is no longer a home
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next