Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This house is no longer a home

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:39 am

Mike went back on the couch, smiling for 'no reason', he thought. Although he was happy, something bothered him. He felt like he had to constantly watch over William. Not that it was his duty, but that he wanted to. That scared him even more than sharing a room with a vampire.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Species : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:45 am

William smiled as he lay there. All of the worried thoughts of earlier had been layed to rest for the night. He didn't know why, but he felt like he actually had something for Mike. As much as the fear of rejection scared William, he wanted to eventually admit it to Mike. But for now, going to sleep with a smile would work just as well.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:51 am

Mike closed his eyes, not quite sure he'd be able to sleep. It didn't matter - he hadn't had a normal night of sleep in years. He breathed quietly so that William wouldn't mind his presence in the room.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:55 am

William fell asleep quicker than he normally did. He was unusually tired that night. He closed his eyes, and drifted off into a deep sleep, one consisting of several of his friends during the days when they toured. He lay there tossing and turning every now and then, occasionally muttering and mumbling nonsensical phrases.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:21 pm

It took a couple of minutes for Mike to realize he had fallen asleep. Drowsily, he got up and left the room. I have to stay awake. Always. He went to the kitchen, wanting to make coffee.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:24 pm

William was already in a deep sleep when he heard Ryland's voice again. The clan leader was calling out for him again. He called William his 'precious'. William started whimpering again. He hated the fact that the connection between himself and Ryland could never be broken. It was after the third time that the message repeated that William sat up in the bed, propped up on his elbows, drenched in a cold sweat. He hated this.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:28 pm

Mike grabbed a coffee mug and almost let it slip from his hand. He was so tired, so sleepy, so damn exhausted... He looked around the kitchen for coffee, but didn't seem to find any. "Fuck."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:32 pm

William heard Mike speak, but was too shaken to go out and find the guitarist. He sat there trembling, occasionally lifting his hand to his throat to feel the small pulse that he was able to maintain as a vampire. It wasn't a full one like a human; it was barely there. It was just a sign to see that he was still breathing. He stared out the window once more. Please don't let him come anytime soon. I can't stand to face him anymore...
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:48 pm

Mike put the mug back on the table in defeat. Booze was probably the only thing in that house, but it surely wouldn't help his cause. He yawned and dragged his feet back to the bedroom. Maybe if I had cable tv I could be somewhat entertained.

When he got back to the bedroom, he was surprised - if not panicked - to see William awake and sitting on the bed. He wasn't sure if he could enter the room just yet. "What's going on?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 4:21 am

William looked over at Mike and was relieved. He glanced out the window once more before focusing on Mike's question. "Ryland was talking to me again. It wouldn't stop repeating until I woke up," William mumbled as he rubbed his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:25 am

"What did he say? Is he coming back?" Mike didn't head for the couch. He figured that, since he'd most likely fall asleep again, he'd have to be closer to William in case something happened. He sat on the bed.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:30 am

"He said I couldn't get rid of him that easily. Then he called me his precious," William said the last word with disgust. He moved over a little to allow Mike more room to sit.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:36 am

Mike wanted so badly to use 'vampire' as a deregatory term, but couldn't because of William. "I won't let that bastard come around. Who do you believe, me or him?" He shifted on the mattress and sat further to the edge. "You have to trust me." He slid himself under the covers.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:42 am

William blushed a little as Mike slid under the covers. "I believe you. I just want him to leave me alone." Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever happen. William moved over some more and gave Mike a little more room. He stared out the window and looked into the moon. "Our connection can't ever be broken. When he chooses to, he can talk to me all he wants because we have that connection," William said quietly.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:47 am

"It's okay, no - stay close." Mike tugged on William's arm. If something happened, he needed to react fast. The closer the better. "Even if he finds another mate, you'll have that connection? There's simply no way to get rid of it?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:51 am

William moved closer to Mike and sighed. "Not unless I die. As long as I'm still living, no matter if he's alive or dead, I can still hear him talking." He paused for a moment and stared into Mike's eyes. "I'm cursed," he mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:56 am

Mike lowered his eyes. There was strictly nothing he could do. He had to protect the city but he couldn't even save his friend. "Hey," he tried, hesitantly. "I know what it's like, kind of." He moved his hair to show his scar. "No matter what I do, I'll still have it and the memories that come with it. Even though the one who did it died already."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:59 am

William stared up at Mike's scar and nodded solemnly. "I understand," he muttered. He leaned over and gave Mike another hug, needing the proof that Mike was actually there with him; that there wasn't only darkness and fear. He also wanted to let Mike know that he was there for him.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:04 am

Mike had never felt like he needed someone to be there with him through this, but somehow he want glad to have William by his side. "Try to sleep. You need rest. If something's wrong, just wake me up. I won't mind."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:06 am

William nodded and flashed a weak smile. "Okay. Goodnight," he whispered as he lay back down on the bed, hoping that Mike would stay iwth him instead of going back to the couch.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:09 am

"Good night." Mike turned around, his back facing William. It would have felt odd - not to mention awkward - to wake up to William so close to him. Knowing himself, he'd have stared at the sleeping man for long minutes. It made him nervous, and he couldn't exactly tell why.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:14 am

William let out a small sigh as he turned over onto his side and rested his head on a pillow. He curled up into a ball; his knees up to his chest. He sat there staring out the window, thinking about what he had just heard Ryland say. Dismissing the thoughts, it was only a mere five minutes before William fell asleep again. His breathing slowed down, making only a slight sound to prove that he was still alive.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 8:23 am

Mike was reassured by William's slow and steady breathing. He fell asleep within minutes, despite himself struggling to stay awake. Watching over William was a new responsibility he'd have to get used to - in the morning, preferably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This house is no longer a home   This house is no longer a home - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This house is no longer a home
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9