Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Supersonic overdrive.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

Supersonic overdrive. Empty
PostSubject: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:35 am

Mike slammed his empty glass against the counter, but it had been barely audible with the music playing in the room. In his humble opinion, the best way to recruit for the resistance was to pick up a few drunk men with a taste for risk and not enough brain to think it over twice. He let his eyes wander accross the room in search of the perfect specimen.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Russell
Avian Leader
Avian Leader
Mikey Russell

Male Number of posts : 4557
Loyalties : Leader of the Avians

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:38 am

Mikey checked his wings were folded back again before entering the nightclub. His eyes swept across the crowded room before he swung onto a seat at the bar. "Water." He ordered, aware of the bartender looking at him in surprise. "Mineral." He raised an eyebrow a fraction. "You can go."
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

Male Number of posts : 4218
Species : Vampire

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:44 am

William entered the nightclub with the same expectations as he had every night. He'd get drunk with someone, bring that person to his home, have sex witht he person, and then in turn bite their neck and add them to his clan. The same old boring routine.

As he walked into the club, several sets of eyes were staring at him; some were male, some were female. He ignored the stares and headed to the bar, taking a seat in a stool next to a man with dark brown hair. Quickly glancing at the man and dismissing the thoughts of earlier, he leaned back in the stool. "A bloody mary, please," he told the waiter as he stared on at all the possible victims.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:53 am

Mike hadn't failed to notice Mikey's presence, but it was William who intrigued him for the moment. He visibly hadn't seen or recognized him. He looked at the content of his glass. "I didn't know you liked to come here, Bill." It had been his first time in several months to come at the Metro for a drink. Only now it had a purpose.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Russell
Avian Leader
Avian Leader
Mikey Russell

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 11:58 am

Mikey smirked and his eyes slid over to look at his adversary. "Excuse me." He flagged down the barman. "Could you give the... gentleman over there a beer? Charge it to me." It was no mistake, the stress he'd put on the word 'gentleman'. He didn't think Mike deserved the title, but 'human' would direct too much suspicion towards himself. He reached up a hand to check his hair was still tied up.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:14 pm

William was so surprised to hear Mike's voice that he nearly choked on his drink, causing half of his mouthful to come back up his nose. Scrambling for a napkin to clean off his face, William turned away for a minute, mentally cursing himself for coming to the Metro. He had beent rying to avoid his bandmates as much as he could.

As he turned around, William put on a small smile. "I didn't know you came here either, Mike," he said, trying to speak loud enough to he could be heard over the blairing music.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:22 pm

Mike shrugged. "I don't come here often." If I had just a tiny bit of faith left, I'd say his presence is a sign. Maybe I could...

When the bartender handed Mike a beer, the man tilted his head to give a confused look to Mikey. "You...? You really shouldn't have." He tried to be polite, not wanting to let William know about the tension between them.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Russell
Avian Leader
Avian Leader
Mikey Russell

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:24 pm

Mikey smirked and dismissed the younger man with a wave of his hand. He made sure Mike could see he was only drinking water. Nothing like giving the enemy something interesting. Like the fact he wasn't clouding his mind. Not tonight. He had other things planned. No one was watching. Mikey allowed a fang to slip over his lip, before tucking it back in. He gave Mike an enigmatic smile and his eyebrow twitched.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:29 pm

William stared at the other two men, sensing the tension. He didn't understand the story behind it, but he could sense it. Turning his body to face Mike, he decided to get the guitarist's attention back. "So... How have you been? It's been three months since we've been off tour," William spoke with a smile. If he had to be around Mike, he might as well talk to his bandmate.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:38 pm

Mike forced himself to have his eyes focused on William. Mikey was just provocating him. "Not bad. I don't get much sleep these days though." Shit. I can't make a propostion to him with the Avian around. "Were you waiting for someone?" He took William's glass, raised it to have a better look, and put it back down. "Bloody Mary." He smiled. How ironic. "That's the drink of people who are planning something for the night."
Back to top Go down
Mikey Russell
Avian Leader
Avian Leader
Mikey Russell

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Mikey laughed silently and tugged his hair down. It was almost waist length and hid him well. He didn't mind making a scene tonight, just to see how Mike would handle it. Slowly, he untucked his wings, moving one so the pin feathers brushed against his face. He tucked them away again, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:46 pm

Mike swallowed with difficulty, and raised his hand in front of William's face to prevent him from answering just yet. He stood up and walked up to where Mikey was sitting. "What are you trying to do, Russell? Intimidate me?" he whispered. "You're not impressing anyone."
Back to top Go down
Mikey Russell
Avian Leader
Avian Leader
Mikey Russell

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:48 pm

Mikey laughed and tipped his head up. He finished his drink, before tying his hair back. "Has the pretty boy in the corner distracted you?" He asked, the smile fading. "It's a full moon tonight."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 pm

Mike pulled out his gun and pressed it against Mikey's stomach. No one could see it. "Is this some kind of race? William is no one's prey." He put the gun back in his pants, hidden by his shirt. "Stay away from him."
Back to top Go down
Mikey Russell
Avian Leader
Avian Leader
Mikey Russell

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 12:58 pm

Mikey's heart rate sped up slightly as he felt the gun at his stomach, but he gave no visible inclination. "You forget, Carden." He whispered venemously. "My heart is here." He tapped his chest. "As is yours." He leant forward, his pointed nose brushing against Mike's cheek. "I can smell your blood." Delicataly, he dragged a single fang down his cheek. "For now." He inclined his head to the two of them, before walking out the nightclub and unfurling his wings. He leapt into the breeze.
"Hey!" The bartender said angrily. "He didn't pay!"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 4:18 pm

William craned his neck to see where Mike had gone off to, but couldn't see the other person or any of their interactions. Shrugging it off and waiting for Mike to come back, William ordered another bloody mary and kept his eye on teh crowd, still deciding who his next victim might be.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 6:29 pm

Mike took a twenty dollar bill and gave it to the bartender. "Keep the change." He frowned. I'd empty my wallet any day for the sole pleasure of seeing Russell leave.

He returned to William's side and snapped his fingers, begging for attention. "You still haven't told me - who are you looking for?"
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 8:03 pm

William brought his attention back to Mike, desperatly searching for an excuse. His thoughts began racing through his mind as he left only a small pause. "No one," he replied as he took another shot of his drink, nearly gulping half of it down in one quick movement.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 8:09 pm

"You're trying to pick up someone, then?" Mike moved the young man's glass away with his hand. "This doesn't suit you. Go home, William. Clubs are...clubs aren't safe these days." He swallowed some of the beer Mikey had offered him.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 8:14 pm

William stared up at Mike with a small smirk. "I think I can take care of myself well enough," he spoke. I've been doing ti for the past 217 years. He pulled his glass back towards him, swallowed the raminder of it, and asked the bartender for another.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 8:21 pm

This is now or never. "Bill? Do you know about," he stared at his glass of beer, "the Avians?" He can think me crazy, but I'd rather warn him.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 8:27 pm

As he received his third drink, William froze. He knew all too well about the Avians. All too well. But he couldn't let Mike on to more than that. He couldn't tell Mike that he was a vampire. Pausing for a moment to regain his calm composure, William turned to look at Mike with eyes full of concern. "Where did you hear about them," he half whispered, half hissed. No one else around them should hear about this.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 8:32 pm

So William knew. Mike avoided his question, and addressed him with eyes still on his glass. "Then you know that it's better to stay away from them. Understand? They're hunting." As we speak.
Back to top Go down
William Beckett

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 8:35 pm

"As are the vampires," William mumbled. Quickly realizing that he could have let his identity slip out in just four meager words, William mentally kicked himself and the alchohol he had consumed.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 8:42 pm

Mike frowned. "All the same," he muttered. "Fuckin' blood suckers, whoever they are. They're the same clan to me. Stay away from both." We can't lose any more allies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supersonic overdrive.   Supersonic overdrive. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supersonic overdrive.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fighting For Chicago :: Chicago :: Metro-
Jump to: