Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You can sin or spend the night all alone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

You can sin or spend the night all alone Empty
PostSubject: You can sin or spend the night all alone   You can sin or spend the night all alone Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 5:34 pm

Mike smiled to himself when he entered the Metro. He sat at his usual spot, elbows resting on the counter. The barman greeted him with a polite nod. "S'been a while," Mike commented. He decided admitting he had stopped drinking due to the presence of a significant other was degrading, so he said nothing about it. "I'm cold. Give me the usual - silver tequila, tonic water, lemon. Double the tequila."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You can sin or spend the night all alone   You can sin or spend the night all alone Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 5:41 pm

The glass that was placed under Mike's nose was taller and larger than he had expected. He decided to appreciate the drink before caring about the bill. He raised the glass. "To failure," he toasted, and drank. He had missed the pleasant, warm sensation in his throat.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You can sin or spend the night all alone   You can sin or spend the night all alone Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 5:47 pm

The room started to blur after Mike had gulped down three quarters of the glass' content. He smiled in satisfaction and rested his chin on his arms, his finger tracing patterns on the surface he was leaning on. The bar's atmosphere was more inviting than his own house, or the presence of his own boyfriend. The William he had known, whether it was his bandmate or the man he had asked to marry, was completely gone. The fragile, tortured man he was living with was nothing like his William. "I killed him," he concluded with another sip of alcohol.

Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You can sin or spend the night all alone   You can sin or spend the night all alone Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 5:56 pm

It took a mere five minutes for Mike to completely empty the glass. He gazed at the bottle of alcohol placed side by side behind the counter, as if he was hypnotized by their colors. Still, he had the presence of mind to think. Everybody would be much happier if I did what I had intended to do in the first place. I'll send William back to Ryland, I'll kill Mikey and I'll do my thing....like I was supposed to... He started sobbing. The barman rolled his eyes - it wasn't the first time.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You can sin or spend the night all alone   You can sin or spend the night all alone Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 6:01 pm

Mike stood up, pushing himself upwards with both hands on the counter. "I'll do what I have to do and I'll..." He staggered and fell on his back. The place was too noisy for anyone to notice. Silently, Mike laid on the floor and closed his eyes, crying.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: You can sin or spend the night all alone   You can sin or spend the night all alone Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2007 6:12 pm

When Mike opened his eyes, his back was wet. He had been thrown out of the Metro and left outside in the cold, almost unconscious in the snow. He coughed and retched to the side before coughing again. It took him several minutes to stand up. He shivered, and rubbed his hands together. Mike Carden, you're an idiot. He ignored his headache and headed downtown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You can sin or spend the night all alone   You can sin or spend the night all alone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You can sin or spend the night all alone
Page 1 of 1