Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When the Door Comes Crashing...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

Female Number of posts : 1314
Species : Human
Registration date : 2007-08-08

When the Door Comes Crashing... Empty
PostSubject: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:18 am

"MR CARDEN! OPEN UP!"
Roxine growled quietly to herself.
She'd had girls of all ages bellowing and hammering on Mike's door for the past ten minutes, now. Either he wasn't home or he knew better than to answer to a group of lunatic girls.
"Let me through." she ordered snappily, shoving them aside when they didn't move quick enough.
"MIKE CARDEN!" she screamed, her hands in fists and nails digging into her palms. Suddenly, she quieted, still breathing heavily.
"I know you're in there." she growled.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:34 am

Mike got on his feet in no time. "Better be important," he muttered. Probably not one of them. They don't bother to knock. He finally unlocked the door and opened it. "I don't buy chocolate from schoolgirls, sorry," he said, pretending he was about to close the door again.
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:41 am

Roxine's eyes widened.
"CARDEN!!!" she roared, grabbing the door before he could close it, jamming her foot in the way.
"Don't you dare close this door!" she added quickly.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:42 am

Mike frowned. "Quite a temper, miss. I don't think we've been introduced." He opened the door again, but didn't let her in.
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:45 am

Roxine smirked and shook her short black hair from her eyes. "Roxine MacBeth. Human, in case you were wondering." she added, smirking wider.
She gestured past him. "May I?" she asked. "I believe you'll be interested in what I have to say. You lot, wait out here." she added to the girls stood behind her. She glanced back to Mike. "Me and Mr Carden here have some business to attend to."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:48 am

Mike couldn't let her see William, especially since she was human. If another member of the resistance found out about a pregnant vampire staying with him, he'd be in danger. "Come in. You have five minutes unless it's interesting."
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:50 am

Roxine's smirk broke into a grin at this. She glanced to Hestia and nodded, silently placing her in charge.
She stepped into the hallway, and let Mike lead her into the house.
"Nice place you have here." she commented.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:52 am

Mike stopped at the end of the small corridor and stood still. "Let's get straight to the point, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:55 am

Roxine grinned. "Let's. As you may have noticed, I have quite the group out there - and more waiting, I assure you. Check my reputation in New York if you want to. It's pretty impressive, if I do say so myself." she started.
She suddenly grew serious.
"But that's not why I'm here." she continued. "I want to help you. I hear you're sticking up for humans, and I always like a good fight. Also, let's just say I've...crossed paths with a certain Ryland Blackington. My gang now rivals his. All I need is a side to play on and someone who knows the species in the city. Think you can help me?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:01 am

"If I understand correctly," Mike folded his arms, "you want to join forces with me as the resistance? Of course I'm accepting. Your support is more than appreciated." He pondered for a moment. "If you like a good fight, aim for Blackinton, but be careful. He's the leader of a vampire clan." And the father of the child I'm going to raise. "As for the Avians - I assume you know what I'm talking about, if not just interrupt me - feel free to take care of Mikey Russell. He's their leader." Without waiting for her answer, he added, "You know how to take care of them?"
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:03 am

Roxine frowned. "I'd appreciate it if you'd clear that part up for me. I know what they are, how to distinguish them and such, but the killing part? All I know is that breaking necks and a bullet through the heart isn't quite enough." she explained.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:06 am

"It's not enough because they can heal. To get rid of them for good, you also have to pull their pin feathers." Mike had said it coldly, not wanting to remember the last time he had to do it. He needed emotional detachment. "Anything else?"
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:07 am

Roxine shook her head. "So we're allied, and I aim for Blackington and Russell, yes? Anything I should know about vampires, by the way?" she added.

Last edited by on Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:10 am

"Nothing you need to know. Just remember, for both Avians and vampires, to only aim for the leader or anyone directly harming you. I don't want the resistance to be responsible for unnecessary killings. Do you understand?"
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:12 am

"Perfectly." Roxine replied calmly. "I assure you that next time I need to pay a visit, only Hestia and I shall come. I just wasn't sure what sort of characters might also come to visit you." she explained.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:18 am

"We do get a lot of unexpected visitors, I'm afraid," Mike glanced in direction of the living room. "Especialy these days. Most of them aren't quite as interesting as you, however." He gave her a polite and charming smile. "It was a pleasure meeting you."
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:23 am

Roxine smiled back, showing pearly-white teeth to him. "Same here, Mr Carden." she replied, shaking his hand. "Now," she continued, glancing towards the living room, "I assume you have another guest here, unwanted or not, so I'll leave you to it."
She nodded curtly to Mike one last time, before walking back towards the front door, and out into the night.
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 7:25 am

More than wanted. "Yes. Take care, miss." Mike closed the door and grinned. "Well. Looks like this is going to be easier than I had planned."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Door Comes Crashing...   When the Door Comes Crashing... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Door Comes Crashing...
Page 1 of 1