Fighting For Chicago
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighting For Chicago

You thought you knew Chicago. But this is a different side. Take your pick. Join the teams, and fight for your city.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pour Yourself A Drink...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

Female Number of posts : 1314
Species : Human
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Pour Yourself A Drink... Empty
PostSubject: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 5:23 am

-SLAM!-
Roxine watched absently as the woman flew across the room, before slamming into the wall. A path had formed in the crowd, and after people realised what had happened to the woman, the gazes turned to her attacker.
Namely, Roxine herself.
Withdrawing the fist so she could check her nails innocently, Roxine paused to mutter something to Hestia before sauntering over to the bar, where she knew her bloody mary was waiting for her.
"Miss, you got some strong punch there." the barman told her, whistling apreciatively. Roxine just smirked wider and took a sip of her drink, glancing at the barman over the top of the glass.
"Why, thank you." she replied calmly. "I hope you don't mind if I'm not flattered or anything, though." she added coolly. She stood up, drink still in her hand. "You see, I hear that one an awful lot." she continued, emphasising the last two words mockingly.
She nodded to the other sat round the bar, before snapping her fingers loudly and marching away; Hestia, her bodyguards and the half a dozen other girls that had accompanied her following wordlessly.
Roxine stopped sharply in the doorway, before turning back to stare at someone sat round the bar. Her lip curled again.
"You..." she murmured, starting back towards him. "I know you...!"
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 6:13 am

"Roxy, it isn't him." Hestia murmured quickly. Roxine stopped and turned her gaze onto Hestia, before snapping it back onto the man before her.
"No...You're right, Hestia...He's not here." she murmured, sounding almost in a daze.
She suddenly snapped back to business, her trademark smirk back in place once more. "Come!" she called, turning round once more, the man now forgotten.
"To the home of one Mike Carden." she muttered, her smirk widening into a cruel, wicked grin.
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 9:02 am

Roxine growled to herself as she entered the bar once more. Quite a bit had happened since her last visit - she had gone to Mike Carden's home, formed an alliance with him; then gone on the hunt for Ryland, only to end up fighting (and kissing) a pretty avian girl who was trying to make a meal of her; finally, she, Mike and Ryland had talked (and used that term as lightly as possible) things over at the graveyard, resulting in Ryland starting a search for a new mate and Roxine terminating her alliance with Mike.
She needed a drink, Roxine decided.
The place was a lot less crowded than before, but considering it was early morning now, Roxine wasn't surprised.
"Bloody Mary - and make it snappy." she told the barman, sinking into a seat. Her feet and legs were kiling her, though that was what she got for walking and fighting almost all night, she supposed.
"Here you are, miss."
"Thanks." Roxine sighed and took a gulp of her drink, feeling about as lady-like as Mike Carden right about then.
Roxine smiled slightly as the drink really hit her. She downed it quickly and looked to the barman. "Same again." she ordered, smirking to herself absently.
Back to top Go down
Jade Bauermeister

Female Number of posts : 147
Loyalties : Avians
Species : Avian
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:39 am

Wings hidden, Jade entered the Metro, still irritated because she hadn't fed. Her skin was paler than usual, and she looked tired. When she saw Roxine, however, she couldn't help but smile. "Well if that isn't Roxy," she whispered to the woman when she sat next to her. "The Avians have been talking about you."
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:49 am

Roxine's eyes widened at the words, before she realised what was said and who said it. She smirked and took another sip of her drink.
"I thought we were going to keep that between us." she replied quietly.
Back to top Go down
Jade Bauermeister

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:52 am

"Oh, I wasn't talking about that." She grinned, and ordered some exotic tropical drink. "They said you weren't part of Carden's plan anymore. I'm sure you're devastated." She took a sip of her drink, toying with the paper umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 10:57 am

Roxine smirked. "If you must know it was I who ended the arrangement." she stated, not really bothered about keeping secrets any more. "I happened to dislike part of his deal with Ryland Blackinton. I'd been hoping to fight him, and Carden got in my way." she took another sip of her drink and gazed round the room. "I'm a loose cannon, now."
Back to top Go down
Jade Bauermeister

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:02 am

"Oh, are you? This is quite convenient." She smiled to herself. "I happen to dislike vampires, and so do you. Another thing we have in common. Maybe your proposition just became a tad more tempting, or maybe...you'd like to think about mine. Wouldn't you like a visit of the Mandible House, Roxy?"
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:04 am

Roxine didn't look back at Jade, but took another sip of her drink, mulling over her options.
"Okay." she relented, "I'll go with you - on two conditions." she added.
Back to top Go down
Jade Bauermeister

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:06 am

Jade giggled. She'd never get tired of winning. "Okay, what are they?"
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:12 am

Roxine rolled her eyes. She didn't think she was losing, even if Jade apparently did. "Number 1: you don't eat me. Number 2: I don't blamed for lashing out if anyone else tries to eat me." Roxine smirked. "Just no eating in general, unless I approve."
Back to top Go down
Mike Carden
Resistance Leader
Resistance Leader
Mike Carden

Male Number of posts : 4359
Loyalties : Resistance
Registration date : 2007-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:14 am

Last edited by on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jade Bauermeister

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:15 am

"Don't worry. I already know what you taste like." Jade threw enough money on the counter to pay for both drinks and rose from her seat.
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:17 am

Roxine stood up as well, downing the last of her drink and setting the glass down. She turned to Jade and shrugged her shoulders.
"Okay wing-a-ding, what now? You're the one that knows the way." she pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Jade Bauermeister

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:23 am

Jade laughed happily and pulled her out of her seat, leading her outside. "Have you ever flied?"
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:25 am

Roxine shot a glare at her, though it was easy to see that she didn't really mean it. "What do you think, bird-brain?" she asked sarcastically. "Do you see wings on me?"
Back to top Go down
Jade Bauermeister

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:27 am

Jade giggled again. "We can say that your first time will be with me, then," she said teasingly. She wrapped her arms around the woman's waist. "Come on, put your arms around me."
Back to top Go down
Roxine MacBeth

Roxine MacBeth

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:28 am

Roxine smirked and wrapped her arms round Jade's waist as well. "Ah, but only my first time for flying." she replied, her tone jsut as teasing. She glanced upwards.
Back to top Go down
Jade Bauermeister

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:35 am

Jade had never brought anyone to tghe Mandible House. Who would have thought it'd be one of my preys? She jumped upwards and opened her wings, flying away from the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pour Yourself A Drink...   Pour Yourself A Drink... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pour Yourself A Drink...
Page 1 of 1